• Register Today It's free!

ISO Wiring harness diagram

kdog

Reaction score
City, State
Kailua, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 LTD
This forum helped me out a lot with the pillar rattle and other issues I've had so I thought I'd try a little harder one. :)

I'm working on running power wires for my new mobile radio and I'm trying to keep the installation simple and clean. I spent some time this evening trying to trace the wiring harness through the firewall and into the cabin. I had the bottom area under the steering wheel opened up but could not find an easy path from the engine compartment to the interior fuse box and harness area. I'm convinced I can wiggle/feed the wires through the conduit, but I need a decent picture or diagram of the harness path. It goes into a plastic conduit and seems to make a 90 degree down turn and that's where I get stuck. I can't tell if it forks or something else is blocking my way. Google hasn't been any help either.

Does anyone have a decent diagram that shows this path?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would also be interested in this, but..

There's a fairly easy way to run wires through the firewall which is by using the hole that's underneath the driver side floor carpeting. Essentially the hole leads to the "inner hull" of the car that is a few inches of empty space, then on the outside (towards the ground) it has another hole that leads out below the car. These are about 8 inches apart in a diagonal fashion, so the easiest way to find them is to pull up your mat, put a flashlight that shines into that hole, then crawl under the car and peek into the second hole, and you'll see it. Use a wire puller (or a stick with a string on it), to make your life easy. I pulled a thick set of wires from the engine compartment through this hole into the cabin (you may want to get some tubing for the wires so they don't get damaged by weather/wind/bumps as the corners of the hole are a slightly sharp).

In this video around the 2.05 mark he shows the hole in question (he ended up using another one in the end I believe)

This forum helped me out a lot with the pillar rattle and other issues I've had so I thought I'd try a little harder one. :)

I'm working on running power wires for my new mobile radio and I'm trying to keep the installation simple and clean. I spent some time this evening trying to trace the wiring harness through the firewall and into the cabin. I had the bottom area under the steering wheel opened up but could not find an easy path from the engine compartment to the interior fuse box and harness area. I'm convinced I can wiggle/feed the wires through the conduit, but I need a decent picture or diagram of the harness path. It goes into a plastic conduit and seems to make a 90 degree down turn and that's where I get stuck. I can't tell if it forks or something else is blocking my way. Google hasn't been any help either.

Does anyone have a decent diagram that shows this path?

Thanks!
Not sure if these will help.
Routing Through Firewall
Access thru the firewall?
Any 2011+ ham radio guys??

Peter

Rainlord - that's pretty awesome. Thank you! Still holding out hope for a diagram, too. :)

Thanks, Peter! I'm not sure why my searching didn't return those. Too bad a lot of the photos are no longer linked.

Rainlord - that's pretty awesome. Thank you! Still holding out hope for a diagram, too. :)

Thanks, Peter! I'm not sure why my searching didn't return those. Too bad a lot of the photos are no longer linked.
I PM'd a couple members asking if there is any chance they could repost the photos.

Related note - do any of you know what the area is behind the right-rear back passenger on the wall that looks like a vented speaker cover? I'm thinking maybe it was for the DVD player, which I didn't get. Just wondering if I could mount the mobile radio in there instead.

Related note - do any of you know what the area is behind the right-rear back passenger on the wall that looks like a vented speaker cover? I'm thinking maybe it was for the DVD player, which I didn't get. Just wondering if I could mount the mobile radio in there instead.
Subwoofer.

Back