I've joined the elite's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I've joined the elite's

I finally got around to joining up, it feels good to be able to contribute to the site that has helped me so much. I have a 91 xlt 4 door, 4x4. It had a command start and bug shield when I bought it. Mods I've done (with alot of help from ld50) are:

add-a-leafs
Warrior shackles
Modified Warrior shock skid plates
vent shades
custom grill insert
extended breather hoses
K&N Conical filter
Rancho shocks
cb with antenna mounted at rear brake light
Warn Manual hubs
Front tow hooks
32 x 11.5 x 15" BFG Mud KM
15 x 8" American racing wheels
"Twister" muffler
4:10 gears with a detroit full carrier locker in the rear
6" Skyjacker lift with SPOA in the rear
Extended stainless steel brake lines

Carson

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's a couple
10827stave_flats_mar_9_2003.jpg

1082731_s__shackles___spacers_small.jpg

I'll have to get better pics but I'm proud of it.

carson

looks good! congrats on eliteness..
keep the mods coming and next time.. get it dirty before you take the pic! :p

Congrats on the eliteness and good looking ride you got there. I like the color of it. Keep up the good work

Congrats and welcome!!

Nice X!!

Thanks for the compliments guy's

keep the mods coming and next time.. get it dirty before you take the pic!

Those pictures were right after wheelin, I guess it's the color but it was really dirty honest:D
carson

welcome to the club!

Alright!!! Another Canadian elite member. Congrats. :cool:

Hey, so you are here!

You told me you couldn`t figure out how to post pictures and I see two on a single post!
I don`t even know how to do that..

Welcome! Soon the girls will be hanging all over you, and everyone will want to be your friend just to be near such an elite individual. I heard someone won the lottery three times in a row after joining, and two people were instantaniously cured of terminal illnesses within minutes of the posting of their avatars!

:D :D :D

Originally posted by carsonm
Those pictures were right after wheelin, I guess it's the color but it was really dirty honest:D
carson

Is it brown on the bottom? I can't tell....I have that problem too, mud blends in well with brown:D

Congrats!!!:chug:

Originally posted by Crankcase
Is it brown on the bottom? I can't tell....I have that problem too, mud blends in well with brown:D

Congrats!!!:chug:

thanks, yeh it's brown on the bottom and kinda gold on the top. here's a brighter picture before I did anything to it even has the stock tires.

carsonm

Attachments

• my explorer.jpg
    my explorer.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 782

I haven't posted here for a while, I've done a couple of more mods. I needed some tow hooks so I went to the wrecker and bought some f150 hooks. James and I figured out how to attach them, I like the look of them. I removed the air dam not sure if I'm going to cut holes in it or not. Here's a picture right before I blew a hub and had to actually use the tow hook. I also bought a receiver hitch shackle for a rear tow point.
carson

Attachments

• west harrison may 03 (8) 1.jpg
    west harrison may 03 (8) 1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 733

Other most recent mod, ld50 and I did the manual hub conversion last night on my Ex. I blew one of the auto hubs so decided to go with Warn manual hubs. I don't have a pic but James you can put it up for me if you like :D . I can't wait to hit the trails and try them out.

carson

-we also replaced the front brakes and repacked the wheel bearings with some new grease..

Attachments

• carsons hubs2.jpg
    carsons hubs2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 744

Good looking ride, man.

Man, I wish I was an Elite already. I'm planning to move and buy a house pretty soon, once that is done I will get the high speed internet and then be an Elite.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and i'm curious how you mounted the f150 hooks and what year they came off of...:scratch:

Back