Iz's Bingo Bus/Tow Rig | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Iz's Bingo Bus/Tow Rig

I decided it was time to pass on the old E-350 and replace it with another.

So I picked this guy up on Saturday.

- 2001 E-350 7.3 PowerStroke (does not leak!!)
- Auxiliary air-conditioning/heat under the chassis
- 13 seater (including the driver) but I'll probably change up this combo.
- Air-powered side barn doors (by far the coolest part of the vehicle)
- Wide power side mirrors
- Padded interior walls (in case I go nuts.. oh wait)
- Luggage rack (will probably be removed)

Some exteriors:
exterior1.jpg

exterior2.jpg

Some interiors:
interior12.jpg

interior21.jpg

interior31.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey where is the missing Hubcap? :dunno: I found the dam things for you (not easy:nono:) and you still havn't ordered one? WTF! :shifty_ey

hehe i was waiting for this.........;)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Ahah sorry father Stic-O

But I'm holding off on the hub caps things cauz I think I'd prefer real wheels -- I've been surfing the local Criagslist ads for some well priced Chevy 8-luggers like these:
100_0402.jpg

(1-ton Econolines dont match the modern F-series 8-lug pattern so I'm forced to jump the fence and look at Chevy herd).

Those are the same wheels on my GMC, but i'm keeping mine:p:

You should hinge the rear of your people mover so it drops like the ramp of a C-130 then you can exit like a rock star with smoke and pyrotechnics:D

LOL Dave, Dave.. gimme your address.

oh wait...your not doing the 4x4 thing with this
Ahah no I'm not -- you're mistaking me for someone else who's at the verge of executing the 4wd conversion.

devilboy222 -- LOL thats interesting. Not really my type of look but interesting none the less (personally not a big fan of flames).

Oh, maybe the time is off. It's a Bonneville show.
Oh yeah I was watching that.. thats why I IM-ed you about doing a Bonneville Explorer earlier. I guess the shows here are ahead.

Yeah Bonneville is not on till 11:confused:

and IZ that other guy ain't do no such 4x4 thing until I give his springs that are hidden under my Explorer:p:

Speeking of which...

Colin...Friday ..Delivery...;)

devilboy222 -- LOL thats interesting. Not really my type of look but interesting none the less (personally not a big fan of flames).

Oh but you should totally go for whitewalls.:D

man that thing is sweet!
I would open up the back so you can drive snowmobiles or atv's right in there :)

It needs curtains!
I would find an old pop up trailer with working everything and swap it all in, stove, fridge, bathroom, bedm, table, all of it! BBQ on the back, sunroof, etc etc man I need one of these!! So cool!
the shortbus!

Thanks 410 -- yeah I'm really glad I found this van.

I probably won't do the whole motor home thing just yet (trying to concentrate on the Explorer) but I'll probably do the curtain thing very soon -- I have a snowboarding trip in a few weeks with a bunch of friends and adding curtains would probably make a big change inside, especially for long rides.

curtains and a table = roadtrip!

Does it have AC power?

Something like that would be so damn handy!! trying to put your snowmobile garb on in the parking lot in the front seat of an SUV = interesting!

No it doesnt have AC power but the thought has crossed my mind a few times. If I install something that needs it, then I'll definitely put a rack mounted DC-AC converter or something.

So since I bought the van the front vents weren't working. I replaced the blower motor resistor but still no go. Turned out the culprit was the fan switch doodad -- totally melted.

fan_switch.jpg

Dude your switch is melted for sure!

Shhyeah braa..

Back