Joe Dirt's 2000 Ex-El-Tee "Deuce" | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Welcome to the registry for Wedgie 2.0, who has been affectionately named "Deuce"

From Shad's info to save keystrokes:

Here is the run down:

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0L - AWD
Deep Wedgewood Blue
Gray Leather
Yada, yada, yada...

Highlights:

• Transmission rebuilt at 160,000 miles, and filled with synthetic
  • Lifted 2" in front with torsion keys
  • Lifted 3" in back with Add-a-Leaf and Warrior Shackles
  • New Superlift shocks at 166,000 miles
  • 31" x 10.5" tires
  • As much rust as some southern trucks- she's clean...

Interesting fact- it was an XLT fitted with air-ride shocks from the factory. System was disabled with the kit and shocks were put on to avoid costly repair.

Next to Wedgie:

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

Today 1/28/11 was the first car wash.

IMG_1671.jpg

And yes, it needs to be cleaned... :D

IMG_1707.jpg

Um... This is going to be my biggest challenge to date.

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

But it's going to be fine. It's an incredible place to start- the steering wheel isn't even gummy or rolled. I'm very pleased with the canvas... :thumbsup:

Anyway, after the car wash, I snapped some pics for starting point reference.
So, here are our obligatory before pictures...

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Door seams always oiled

IMG_1688.jpg

Hatch looks brand new as well!

IMG_1698.jpg

Nothing on the rocker seams ...but a paint chip :D

IMG_1687.jpg

Rockers nice. No rust even at the back- just grime and ice. I think the mudflaps really helped...

IMG_1685.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there has been a conspicuous absence of posts by you as of late,
must be the pneumonia sapping the comedy out of you,

hope you are back to your usual self soon,
maybe it was the shower photos in the cold that did it,

get well soon, ,

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yeah, it floored me. Today is the best I've felt since Sunday. :(

I did take the Ex into work today, did some general spray and wipe cleaning since it was in need. Did windows, will vac tomorrow. I also put in my stereo and my GPS hardwire, (Wedgie leaves 2 pieces behind, can anyone guess?) replaced the rear driver's door interior panel, cleaned some paint off the seat, replaced the armrest pad, and got the rear hatch glass closed. Not much, but I felt like I made a little progress at least. :)

Good stuff Brother, glad you're feeling better.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It'll start with a nervous tic around the eye, then the ghostly voice that echoes through the mind whispering 'clean me...clean me'

I'm sooo dirty Joe. Come on, you know you want to.:D

I don't want to know where this thread is headed....

Me neither- especially since Techie's post of "Open me up Joe, open me up" shows a red X...
whatwhatwhat.gif

<whew>

I've got boxes of them in the garage. Really though- I don't really dig the cold, I won't be tearing anything major apart until it's warmer. Sorry to disappoint... :D

how about a CWD soup special since your sick and all?

I was going to do that, but I ended up buying soup. I'm considering something special this weekend if I'm up to it. Not even Super Bowl related... :)

Mmmm chicken souper bowl, meesah likey likey.

Ok, so I went to get some stuff at the store today because if I eat soup one more time I'm going to lose it... :D

On the way, I stopped at the car wash with the free vacuums. They are like turbines... :) I had to do something about this at least...

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

I found $2.93 which isn't bad. a Sharpie, 4 pens, 1 pencil, one green crayon, 2 acorns, and countless nails and screws. :) I just did some general vac work, nothing earth shattering. I didn't even pull the sill trims off. Just wanted to get some of the junk out.

Before:

IMG_1695.jpg

After:

IMG_1809.jpg

Before:

IMG_1692.jpg

After:

IMG_1810.jpg

See? nothing amazing, just liveable. :)

I do have the 2 console pieces inside to clean, that just has to happen. That'll be it though, just so I can live with it for a few months. :cool:

Oh- and YES that is MY stuffed soccer ball, so SHUT UP. It's in there purely to entertain me through comments after the beating I took on the minivan thing, although I did buy the blue one so it matched my truck. LOL! :p:

Joe,
when I see trucks like this one that are so dirty I wonder what their house is like.

I understand the need to at least go to the carwash and run the hyper-vacuum across the carpets a few times. Did you actually make $$ on the deal with the 2.93$ you found?

The vac's are free, and I didn't get a wash today as the line was around the shop. I might go tomorrow. With 2 Ex's in the salt the last couple of weeks, I've been spending $ on car washes. Got to get that salt off... :)

In fairness, the PO didn't live in the city, was in the middle of building a new house, and has kids. Trust me- I understand. :D

<EDIT> OK- the Deuce gets a ****** tag is hilarious- but at least spell 'er name right! Try again... :D

Two acorns... good haul :D

You inspired me to take some Q-tips to my front cup holders... They're pristeen now!

I need to clean my cupholders too. Good God they're horrid...

Sadly, the interior of my 1996 XLT looks about the same. I still recall the exact day I decided to say "F it" and start drinking liquids in the car ... I was driving back to GA from Saint Louis, and didn't have time to stop and eat, so I ate in the car. Thousands of trips (with drinks and/or food) later, my carpet is a mess. I'm hoping to do a "Joe Dirt" treatment to mine too, as soon as the weather warms up a bit. Joe, as always, thanks for the inspiration - I love your write ups. :)

Back