Joe Dirt's 2000 Ex-El-Tee "Deuce" | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Welcome to the registry for Wedgie 2.0, who has been affectionately named "Deuce"

From Shad's info to save keystrokes:

Here is the run down:

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0L - AWD
Deep Wedgewood Blue
Gray Leather
Yada, yada, yada...

Highlights:

• Transmission rebuilt at 160,000 miles, and filled with synthetic
  • Lifted 2" in front with torsion keys
  • Lifted 3" in back with Add-a-Leaf and Warrior Shackles
  • New Superlift shocks at 166,000 miles
  • 31" x 10.5" tires
  • As much rust as some southern trucks- she's clean...

Interesting fact- it was an XLT fitted with air-ride shocks from the factory. System was disabled with the kit and shocks were put on to avoid costly repair.

Next to Wedgie:

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

Today 1/28/11 was the first car wash.

IMG_1671.jpg

And yes, it needs to be cleaned... :D

IMG_1707.jpg

Um... This is going to be my biggest challenge to date.

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

But it's going to be fine. It's an incredible place to start- the steering wheel isn't even gummy or rolled. I'm very pleased with the canvas... :thumbsup:

Anyway, after the car wash, I snapped some pics for starting point reference.
So, here are our obligatory before pictures...

IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Door seams always oiled

IMG_1688.jpg

Hatch looks brand new as well!

IMG_1698.jpg

Nothing on the rocker seams ...but a paint chip :D

IMG_1687.jpg

Rockers nice. No rust even at the back- just grime and ice. I think the mudflaps really helped...

IMG_1685.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also be sure not to drink and park, accidents cause people

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Hey- I've already got love. And I can't cheat with someone that has a rusty rig. lol!

Damn, and I had such high hopes Joe.:(

Ok, I got my cargo tray/divider. It's now straightening inside, since it's probably been curled up since 199whatever...

IMG01457-20110131-1151.jpg

IMG01463-20110131-1156.jpg

I like the divider. Where did it come from and how much was it? It looks like it covers the strap hooks, am I right?

Yes...

I originally saw it in 2TimingTom's registry:

interior%20-%20rear%20cargo.JPG

I found 2 on eBay, bought one ($49.95 shipped) one is still left. Through dealer searches, there are a few around, but they all wanted more $$$ than the eBay listing.

CLICK ME

Perfect size for your soccer ball collection ay? Nah it's going to look good in the back mate, keep every thing neat and tidy. My crap is in old beer cartons, which I'm sure surprises nobody.

Its ended. Ill have to see if my dealership can hook me up and find one at a good price. I can stay much more organized with that.

Hows Deuce's ride with the TT and AAL compared to that of Wedgie?

I punctured my spleen today on the way home. Answer your question?

:D

It's like a truck. I may pull the AAL this summer. I don't need the extra capacity, and as many bumps as there are in Michigan, I now say "OW! Oh my GOD" about 10 times on the way to, and from work everyday. :)

HERE ya go guys... Back up...

(The other auction was from my receipt, that's why it was over)

There is also THIS one that holds a LOT of beer cans...

Just realized it probably wont fit mine, i have a 2 door.

My spleen already gets punctures, I think my shocks are toast. Should be interesting when my 4 door leaf packs/AAL/ shackles and TT go on this spring.

I haven't hurt my spleen, just my liver (another difference between LHD and RHD vehicles) and not only do those trays take beer but ice too!

That's pretty much how it rides... :D

Greg- with regards to your liver, that's the beer- not the ride of the truck... :D

You sure know how to burst a bloke's bubble mate:D

No way- you have 2 kidneys, I only have one spleen! Drink up, you only live once. :thumbsup: :D

And the liver regenerates YeeeHaa...I'm taking your advice Doctor Dirt.

As far as the spleen goes, not needed. My farther had his removed when he was 18 due to a car accident. He's 80 now so there goes your proof!!!

...and whomever posted the "rust is coming for you" tag- not a chance. It's cleaner than the non-rusty parts of a white Limited... :p:

...and whomever posted the "rust is coming for you" tag- not a chance. It's cleaner than the non-rusty parts of a white Limited... :p:

:scratch::dunno::bsnicker: Wasn't me! (BRIAN)

BTW Joe, after the 'Wedgie', the 'Deuce' just doesn't work, I dub the 'Le ******'! It is a wheelin rig afterall!

Back