Joe Dirt's Wedgie | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

Yeah, it sounded funny worded that way. :D Yes, I let my 6 year old name the car. When I mentioned that it was Wedgewood Blue, the name was blurted out in 5 seconds.

She's Deep Wedgewood Blue with a Dark Graphite leather interior.
105,000 miles, a V8 AWD of course, and sporting leather chaps inside. :D

So, the work starts- I need to swap over my audio stuff, visors, auto dimming mirror, rims and tires, trailer hitch, front lights, put in a new leather wheel and clean the hell out of the truck. I can't help but do that... ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll have to sort my green card:D:thumbsup:

I'll run the bar and bounce, and we can get a couple of lovelies to wait tables and we can call it 'The Dirty Beach Track-Shack'

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

since I'm in love with all things burger

I'll join you in your tank diner

I do need thrust. Torque- it helps get my ass moving. :D

Horsepower helps too- my unexciting new vehicle will have 215HP just like Wedgie does. :)

I actually lived for 5 years about 6 miles from the Trenton Engine plant where they built the Chrysler 3.8L 215HP variable intake engine. Small world! In 2001, the 3.8L engine got a Variable Intake System which boosted output to 215 hp (160 kW) at 5000 rpm with 245 ft·lbf (332 N·m) of torque at 4000 rpm. Not bad for a millenium minivan!
I stopped reading here (at the quote). Too many posts in a short amount of time. :D

Hmm... Jeeps have a 3.8L 215 Horespower Engine. I beleive the wrangler, wrangler unlimited, and liberty have those engines.

So does a Dodge Grand Caravan... :D

I could never own a restaurant, I'd eat myself out of business... lol!

So does a Dodge Grand Caravan... :D

Very true, except that 3.8L is only 197 hp, and I beleive you said 215 hp :p: (2010 model grand caravan) EDIT: 01-07 has 215 hp
I just looked it up. :rolleyes:

There ya go, Skippy. I'm not made of money over here... :D

There ya go, Skippy. I'm not made of money over here... :D

Skippy?! :D
Joe, here's an idea for a new(er) caravan. Go for some *****in 20" wheels! :D

33383820015_large.jpg

You're all just jealous.

hwJtivQT8rf1Nsn5BZNTrYLp-ZlygBGzzhtbnWaorc-C9J&t=1.jpg

How about...

38356880016_large.jpg

I like how he left the carseat in the picture. :D

How about...

38356880016_large.jpg

I like how he left the carseat in the picture. :D

You have to Joe it's all about the street cred. The dudes on the internets would laugh at him for not putting donks on a caprice or impala, the car seat just manages to keep it acceptably cool:D

Nice color too. I have to say that the deep wedgewood blue did in fact grow on me. I was never a fan of blue cars, but I'd get another one. Even though it's a little lighter, That van is- as us street toughs say- "the straight dope" you know you'd buy one. Don't even front. I could wax the shiznit out of it.

Ok, maybe not a street tough, but those rims, er, rimz- are fresh.

Well snizzle ma pizzle, that dizzizle is da bomizzle

lol!

You said "dope" and Lynchy replied. P.C.P. is the problem, not the cure! I learned something today... :D

Joe, one for you!
RESPECT+THE+VAN.jpg

Respect the van- you're g'd right! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you dont have to sell Wedgie keep her!!! Your son will get his license in less than 10 years so it would be the perfect first car...

Good point. Maybe I should stay with something I know. Auntie Em will be upset if that Ex doesn't move on though! lol!

Joe, don't wedge a 3rd vehicle in the garage, park your toyota outside. :D After all it is a Toyota!

Kidding.

I know how OCD car cleaners (I am one [not to the extent that joe is]) can't stand a car outside. :D

Back