Joe Dirt's Wedgie | Page 32 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe Dirt's Wedgie

Yeah, it sounded funny worded that way. :D Yes, I let my 6 year old name the car. When I mentioned that it was Wedgewood Blue, the name was blurted out in 5 seconds.

She's Deep Wedgewood Blue with a Dark Graphite leather interior.
105,000 miles, a V8 AWD of course, and sporting leather chaps inside. :D

So, the work starts- I need to swap over my audio stuff, visors, auto dimming mirror, rims and tires, trailer hitch, front lights, put in a new leather wheel and clean the hell out of the truck. I can't help but do that... ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lynchy misses NOTHING!!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Lol thank i figured person21 sounds like some futuristic dystopia prison name

My names sam nice to meet you all

Sorry for hijacking the thread

Lol thank i figured person21 sounds like some futuristic dystopia prison name

My names sam nice to meet you all

Sorry for hijacking the thread

it might help if you put your old username in your signature so people know who you are.

G'day Sam, nice to meet you too mate. I think this thread's been hijacked that many times it's only the title that gives any clue of the original destination.

Nice dash layout in the Dodge Joe, and this may solve your vehicle storage problem mate.

Attachments

• 0701_z+2007_dodge_grand_caravan+dashboard.jpg
    0701_z+2007_dodge_grand_caravan+dashboard.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 233
  • XR11_500w.jpg
    XR11_500w.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 231

They aren't bad interiors, but I could never drive an Chevy Astro, or a GMC Safari, and I think the roof rack would hit... :(

Yea I tried SLIGHTLY bending my rear wiper to better its wiping abilities, but it only made it worse :/

I did hear from our member that bought the Dorman replacement from Rock Auto- said it wipes better. Doesn't have the "splines" cut into it, but the nut holds it tight.

BTW- Could it be? Could this be Wedgie's last weekly carwash?!?!

IMG_1539.jpg

I did hear from our member that bought the Dorman replacement from Rock Auto- said it wipes better. Doesn't have the "splines" cut into it, but the nut holds it tight.

Wipes better or wipes fully? Well hell, after my crappy attempts to help it, anythings probably better that the way it wipes now:rolleyes:

Joe your thread tags are hilarious!

Joe, an automatic carwash?!?! I've never used one, way too expensive for me.

And the tags.... hilarious! :bsnicker:

What kind of deck is that in wedgie? My Pioneer deck looks similar

It's a DEH-P2900MP

...and yep- auto wash. Too cold for hand washes, and I don't do waterless. Never liked them. Plus, I want the underside washed weekly for salt...

It's a DEH-P2900MP

...and yep- auto wash. Too cold for hand washes, and I don't do waterless. Never liked them. Plus, I want the underside washed weekly for salt...

Close, I have the DEH-P2000MP. Great Radio, and it was cheap (pawn shop). How good is the sound quality and bass on the 2900?

Good point on the salt. I forgot about the salt. Since the midwest uses a TON of salt.

Car Wash anyone? Kind of looks like a dodge caravan :p: I found this by googling waterless car wash...I didn't know what that was.
poolside-Car-wash.jpg

Sounds quality is good, but I think it's the same internal unit you have...

Sounds quality is good, but I think it's the same internal unit you have...

Probably is. Here's a pic of my radio deck. Like I said it looks similar to what you have. The improvement over stock radio is great. My 98 has ok quality, but the sound is much more rich in the 05. (pioneer deck, and kenwood speakers)

newradiocrop.jpg

EDIT: Saw your sig...
2000 Explorer XLT... "Wedgie"
XXXX Something or other... "Cute Name"

Today is the day...

the anticipation is building!

You'll have to make your own chocodirts then mate.:D

Alright all, getting ready to drive home and wait for my buddy to stop over so I can get a ride to "the Van". Actually, we're going to take Wedgie, as I crave spending $100+ on gas. Drive time is about 3 hours, give or take. I know everyone will want to see pics. Such excitement. :rolleyes:

Should I post a teaser pic from the road, or is the hype all but dead at this point? lol!

Up to you amigo, but the magic trick is center around the hype.

Back