Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is absolutely sick! :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Driving a JP EXPLORER

Well, now that this has been the trucks first weekend out of hiding and I've been driving it around...let's just say...it's getting nuts already! I never expected this much attention:rolleyes:

a day in the life of driving the JP explorer goes like this...

cars pacing you to take pictures, freeway or street
people pointing, thumps up, noding heads up and down
strange hot women coming up your parents driveway asking qustions about it.
people asking how much it cost to paint it
people asking if I was sponsered by UNIVERSAL or JP some how
and many other questions:rolleyes:

this is why it hides in the garage when I don't drive it!

lady parts magnet

chick magnet

lol, i would love to have something titled similarly again. but in my past all i have really had are cop magnets.

kudos on the JP explorer, Stic. back when i had gotten my first 93 XLT i was ging to do something like that but the cost i had come to calculate was astronomical. had i the ability to paint something without mass amounts of failure i might have pulled it off. but..... lol :notworthy

ahhh man, the p word's illegal?

I dont think its "illegal" but I think its "unethical" to the female and younger audience of the forum. Sorry j602!

aight.

Got to have a pass to get thru all the dino gates! :p:

pass.jpg

Well since mine has been green i have heard all kinds of things. The best being did you get a new one.

I would love the attention. When my truck turns heads, I get giddy. The week after Rausch that it was covered in mud was awesome. :D

Well, I think it's safe to say that you officially have the most outrageously painted Explorer on our site now :D (Although Pumpkin and Burns are not far behind). Makes me wish Morgan was a more interesting color :( Ahhh, you crazy, colorful westerners!

And Evan, I worked for DHL for 6 months, and 4 years when they were Airborne Express... it was the most miserable job experience of my life. They treat their carriers like absolute crap and overload them with enough work to keep three people busy. Plus their scanning system is beyond retarded. I'm amazed that you got any good service from them at all!!

On the way home from T-haven today I made a little stop, and took some pics:D

trex.jpg

Brac.jpg

Haha, i was thinking of you as we drove by there.

Awesome truck Stic!

Great work so far. Gotta admire anyone who will blindly venture into the unknown and come out with great results.

Regarding plates, perhaps "UNIT 07" would be more "authentic".

Again, very cool....

those last photos are ridiculous

Back