Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

just wondering

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by Billabong02, September 20, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Billabong02

Billabong02 Active Member

City, State:
      Seaford, DE
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1998 XLT
      I have a cd player from a 2000 and i noticed that it doesn't have the 2 holes on each side but it has metal tabs on the bottom. Will this fit in a 1998? i need to know something because the seller is waiting on me. thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. blichy

blichy Active Member

City, State:
      Naperville, IL
      '13 Explorer Sport
      It doesn't sound like it is OEM from a 2000. All of the Ford radios I have seen in the Explorer have the radio-removal holes on each side. If it is standard size, and has the clips on the side to lock the radio in, then it SHOULD fit (I won't guarantee that it will though).

4. Billabong02

Billabong02 Active Member

City, State:
      Seaford, DE
      1998 XLT
      Maybe its 2001 that has the cd player without the holes, but will it fit when it just has the tabs at the bottom?

5. blichy

blichy Active Member

City, State:
      Naperville, IL
      '13 Explorer Sport
      The radio is basically the same between '98 and '01. Since you said it doesn't have the holes on the sides, I wonder if it is from those years for an Explorer. If the radio is in fact from a '00 or '01 Explorer (stock), it will fit your '98.