Kill List | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kill List

Do we have a Kill list??.. If not.. Post em..
I know some of you guys have been to tracks... what have you guys beaten and been beaten by...

Also list what you have done to your truck incase its not in your sig. In the cases of expo5.0 and especially Troll..don't bother listing what you got under your hoods... we all know :drool: lol
Troll

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

took a santa fe.the 4x4 one..it was brand new..some guy in his 40s in it. off the line it stayed with my OHV v6 w/full tank of gass an about 50lbs of crap in the back. untill about 35..then i pulled away..we went up to 60..but i was way ahead by that time...at the next light he woudlent pull up close to my truck.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I wasted a brand new Wrangler the other day, temp tags still on it and all. I guess my loud stereo made him angry, and so he merged out from behind me and floored it past me. So, naturally I had to floor it and make him think twice about his spending of $25k+ or however much them things go for.

I don't know what year the Ram was, but it was NOT one of the new Red 'Viper Powered' ones.....it was a late 90's, early 2000's 'V10 Magnum' was the badge, and he was talking about his 750 ft lbs of torque, and I took him going up a hill!

And about the CrownVics,........you need to check your facts! While they had the 4.6's in them (my friend has one, nice ride, but I'd rather take a Grand Marquis for the slightly better ride, and interior options).....they DO HAVE a Triton V-10, in the Police Interceptor Package.

Ryan

Well here are the facts that i found on the 98 to present crown vic with the police interceptor package
Specifications :
Price Range : Only sold to law enforcement agencies. Used ones
available at police auctions.

Engine : V8, SOHC, front engine RWD
Displacement : 4,600 cc
Valve : 16 valves, 2 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 4-spd automatic
Fuel economy : city - 16 mpg
highway - 22 mpg

Horsepower : 235 hp @ 4750 rpm
Torque : 275 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
0-60 mph : 8.7 sec.

Curb Weight : 4020 lbs
Overall length : 212.0 in.
Wheelbase : 114.7 in.
Overall Width : 78.2 in.
Height : 56.8 in.

Here is the rest

Police Interceptor models are easily recognized by their black-out grilles and black-out wheels with smaller-than-wheel-size shiny hubcaps, although some departments opt for normal Crown Vic wheels. You might even notice the cut-out on the A-pillar for the spotlight. The rear panel between the tail-lights is also blacked out and carries discrete "Police Interceptor" badging. All this should help you spot an unmarked unit on the highway if you plan on speeding (not that you would, of course), but mind you, the '98 models did not have black out grilles.

The Crown Vic is heavy, almost SUV-like heavy. It depends on this bulk to run suspects off the road should the need arise. It has an old-school V8 engine, but it doesn't provide nearly as much power as Chevy's small-block V8. It produces only 235 hp, which accounts for a quarter-mile time of sixteen seconds. In short, it has the same performance as your grandpa's Crown Vic. Ford also offers a 178 hp natural gas-powered version called NGV for light-duty patrols, which looks the same as the 235 hp Interceptor.

without getting into specifics.......I know FOR A FACT that this car DOES have a V-10 in it.......and that it is IN FACT a factory installed engine....in a Police Interceptor Crown Vic'.

I have also seen a few different Sherrif, Police, and State Patrol cars that have a V10 badge on them.

Ryan

Spdrcer34 said:
without getting into specifics.......I know FOR A FACT that this car DOES have a V-10 in it.......and that it is IN FACT a factory installed engine....in a Police Interceptor Crown Vic'.

I have also seen a few different Sherrif, Police, and State Patrol cars that have a V10 badge on them.

Ryan

I dont mean to start any **** or anything but I really hope your not assuming that just because those vehicles have V10 badges on them, that they are V10's, are you? Just going off of pure logic I would venture say that a police interceptor having a custom factory installed V10 squeezed into the engine compartment of even that sized car would add quite a bit more price to the thing. I wouldnt imagine that any police department that would want to fund such an expensive animal for their vehicles. You could be right but I am just hoping your not making your arguement totally based on some emblems you seen on a few cars. If you go by that I got a fella with a really nice special edition SVT Cobra Explorer that he might want to sell ya! :D

That's just funny. A propane powered high performance cop car. $35k and it only gets 13 mpg... If you really need to get that torque just use a deisel engine...

Triton V10 Crown Vic Police Cars...

Spdrcer34 said:

Ryan

Actually, Ford Motor Company awarded a contract to a company in Orange County, Southern California to install Triton V10's in Crown Vic's for police duty. It does not surprise me that these are finally starting to show up.

"Yes" the cars were build and "Yes" they do exist as Police Cars! Watch your rear view mirror... they can come up on you pretty quick...

Spdrcer34, you are correct with your findings.
;)

rcpasq said:
Actually, Ford Motor Company awarded a contract to a company in Orange County, Southern California to install Triton V10's in Crown Vic's for police duty. It does not surprise me that these are finally starting to show up.

"Yes" the cars were build and "Yes" they do exist as Police Cars! Watch your rear view mirror... they can come up on you pretty quick...

Spdrcer34, you are correct with your findings.
;)

Again with the "no offense to anyone", but listing one aftermarket show-only custom v-10 interceptor does not mean that there are any out there on the road! Until you guys can offer up a better link, maybe one that is from an ACTUAL police supplier, I don't believe any of this hogwash about v10 police cars.

rcpasq said:

;)

They probably exist as much as that Police Viper I seen a picture of in Texas. Very rare. Besides, as of this winter that car V10-12 or 16 wont be able to even come within a mile of my truck. Muawuawuahahaha!

well i got so far my kill list is.......
-95 civic all riced out, from 30mph to 50mph(not much of a race) won by 2 cars
-1988-1992 accord on rt 22 at a red light, i wasnt really paying attention but the light turned green he took off, i then floored it, caught up to him, 1 car ahead at 35, 1 1/2 by 40 then i let off the gas to 45(the speed limit)
isnt much, buts its pretty good for only have a bbk tb and exhaust, i also have 33's and 3.73 gears

93-96 camaro v8, saw it had 3" exhaust, soo i pulled up to the red light reving and all, light turned green, i was even with him at 20mph, then he just took off and smoked my as5 lol

took out another X and a Mazda6 by a few BUS lengths...hehe

i have seen more then one v10 crown vics in person but who cares about that.. how fast can a v10 crown vic ben and is it as fast as the worlds fastest explorer i think not.......

That reminds me.....

I forgot to add another to my Kill list......my OTHER Explorer.....lol

My wife was driving 'our' Green Explorer, I was driving 'MY' White Explorer.....

I had her by a few car lengths from Light-to-Light

Ryan

my most recent kills
Cadillac CTS
Integra "modded"
Toyota Camry V6
A few Civic's
Mercedes ML320

**My TrUCk**
03 Explorer Sport
4.0L SOHC
Volant Cold Air Intake
Airraid TBS
JBA Powercables
JBA Headers
Dual Flowmaster Exhaust
SCT Xcalibrator 2 Tuned for 93 Performance

i got a volvo 960, 200 sx 240sx, proigie 5, moded cavilier and a v6 camaro

can't no one touch my ex

Back