Kill List | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kill List

Do we have a Kill list??.. If not.. Post em..
I know some of you guys have been to tracks... what have you guys beaten and been beaten by...

Also list what you have done to your truck incase its not in your sig. In the cases of expo5.0 and especially Troll..don't bother listing what you got under your hoods... we all know :drool: lol
Troll

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not willing to call it a kill, because I don't know all of the circumstances, and by the numbers, this car has me beat but...

I was getting off the freeway the other day, and I noticed a brand new BMW 325i sedan that seemed to be in a hurry. I upped my pace a bit, and found myself next to her at the next light.

I glanced over, and saw her looking straight ahead. When the light turned green, I took off rather sedately, as did she, and I had about a half a car on her right away. I figured she wasn't actually aware of me, and so I just kinda kept it at about half throttle, till I noticed her start gaining on me, then I floored it.

I kept about a fender ahead of her until about 80 or so when she backed down.

At the next light, she was turning left, and didn't seem to notice I was there when I looked over.

Like I said, by the numbers, that should be impossible, so maybe she was just in a REALLY big hurry, but not many people do 80MPH on city streets just for fun.

So, I'm suggesting I may have killed a 325i. :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

killed an acura integra type r
killed honda accord, V6.
:thumbsup:
oh but this is with my 4-banger sentra SeR The explorer died :roll:

Beat some gangsta white boy driving his fairly new honda civic. Of course, I was driving my moms 06 Dodge Charger, so he never really stood a chance... :burnout:

Well it is now my job to revive old threads---

Heres my one and only so far

I was wanting to listen to music a bit louder than anybody else one saturday night, about 12:am so I went for a drive. I stopped at the only open store in town to get a soda, there were a bunch of kids hanging around.
There was a guy with a s-10 blazer who said he was looking for my SUV.

HUH?
( some kid must have told him or something)
Anyway, he was from Emporia, had a 100 shot nitous kit.

We went out to the tank farm road, because it is deserted late at night.
I agreed to his challenge only if nobody followed us out there, to avoid attention from the 1 bored cop in town.
We used a coin flip--winner count to three starting light---I listened while he counted ( always call heads dummy)

MAN!! I was caught sleeping, didn't expect poo from the blazer which was neck and neck with me until about 1000 feet, where I pulled away by about 4 lengths by the painted line in road. He got onto the highway never to be seen again lol

My excuses:
I was inexperienced, underestimated my opponent
My throttle body was only opening to 3.85v at the time, due to a bracket design problem ( can you say rigged?)
My rev limiter is still at stock level ha ha

Ok
Let me have it, I am supposed to be too grown up for this, but for a minute there I felt like a kid again!

It sounded like ya went out to a desolate road and did the race. Nothing much wrong with that. And besides, at night the other cars better have their lights on anyways, much easier to see them.

It sounded like ya went out to a desolate road and did the race. Nothing much wrong with that. And besides, at night the other cars better have their lights on anyways, much easier to see them.

My buddy beat a 99-04 Mustang GT with my LS while I was gone on a business trip. I let him borrow it due to his truck being in the shop. The LS barely edged the GT out. The funnier thing is that I still have the nitrous oxide tune in with retarded timing but not running the nitrous. That guy would have been butt-raped if my friend had run him with my nitrous on. Of course then I would have murdered my friend for running my car with nitrous on it while I was not there.

Either way it is pretty sad that in two weeks my friend already has run into more chances to get decent kills with my car than I have had yet. I guess he just has better luck spotting those other cars than I do. :(

My buddy beat a 99-04 Mustang GT with my LS while I was gone on a business trip. I let him borrow it due to his truck being in the shop. The LS barely edged the GT out. The funnier thing is that I still have the nitrous oxide tune in with retarded timing but not running the nitrous. That guy would have been butt-raped if my friend had run him with my nitrous on. Of course then I would have murdered my friend for running my car with nitrous on it while I was not there.

Either way it is pretty sad that in two weeks my friend already has run into more chances to get decent kills with my car than I have had yet. I guess he just has better luck spotting those other cars than I do. :(

Yeah, let me borrow it for 3 days and I'll have stories to tell. ;)

Yeah, let me borrow it for 3 days and I'll have stories to tell. ;)

I bet so. I am sure if I put a loud exhaust on it that more people would take notice of it and want to race. Of course then my car would not really have that Lincoln luxury feel with a loud exhaust on it. With this car I must control my urges. I have another vehicle I can go hog wild with.

FIRST KILL!!!

1978 Chevy El camino with a 305 V8...

I'm awaiting my bro's 57 chevy to be done, then should have some good kills. :burnout:

two saturns, a jeep, mustang, lots of hondas, and some toyota thing.

lost to an intrepid and a corvette (unbelivable, isn't it?)

oh, but the first one was a little green saturn, with a black body kit, and an aluminum wing. it had a loud exhaust (not the good kind) and they were at auto zone looking at other mufflers. when i left, they were looking at something on the car, so i did a brakestand and left. (that was back in the first week i had the X, so i was still showing it off.) they caught up to me at the light and started reving their motor. light turned green, they popped the clutch and beat me off the line spinning. then i left them. there was a jeep in my way, so i had to slow down and wait for the saturn to go past. i got in behind them and passed them again, all before the next light.
I know it wasn't very responsible, but that was a long time ago, and I really don't like ricers.

recently?

a gang of 3 snow plows

any recent Kills?

Yes sir... Bolt on Fox body 5.0 0-50, also a 5.9 R/T Dakota, and a stupid Acura Integra. These were from a red light, only to the speed limit- because street racing is stupid dangerous :)

Last night, mid-90's Dodge Caravan :D

Raced a bolt on WRX with the boost upped (he claimed 20+psi) who the hell knows. Anyway from a dead stop I pulled him till from 110 to 120 (where he briefly led)then I started making distance on him again. Got the thumbs up:thumbsup: from him and he we pulled into a gas station to talk. Pretty cool guy! He said he was wide open and he just didn't have anything for me. 0-90 complete kill,110-120 about 1/2car length on me,120-up I started pulling on him hard. Those damn WRX's have a hell of a mid range. This is the second on I have dealt with and around the 100-120ish they are complete hell to deal with.

Raced a bolt on WRX with the boost upped (he claimed 20+psi) who the hell knows. Anyway from a dead stop I pulled him till from 110 to 120 (where he briefly led)then I started making distance on him again. Got the thumbs up:thumbsup: from him and he we pulled into a gas station to talk. Pretty cool guy! He said he was wide open and he just didn't have anything for me. 0-90 complete kill,110-120 about 1/2car length on me,120-up I started pulling on him hard. Those damn WRX's have a hell of a mid range. This is the second on I have dealt with and around the 100-120ish they are complete hell to deal with.

Nice to see a respectable kill in here. Was getting tired of the "smoked a stock civic wiith 4 people in it" posts. Hehe. :thumbsup:

I want to get some more kills....only thing I'm killing now is my tires...:thumbdwn:

I have had a few kills, in BOTH of Explorers...

Not much in the way of major kills....A few V6 Camaro's, Blazers, a 'built' 1776cc Karmann Ghia...that was cool race!..And of course your "Standard Issue" import crowd thinking they have a race car in the guise of a 2 door Civic/Integra/CRX/Sentra/Bimmer....only to have their ass handed to them by a V6 Explorer.....sometimes I REALLY DID have groceries in the X!..

But my FAVORITE Kill of them all (besides the time me and my wife raced each other), has GOT to be me vs. Dodge Ram. I got off work, and the freeway is 2 blocks from work. I got on the freeway, and on the VERY NEXT onramp, this Dodge Ram gets on the freeway. 3 lane hiway, I'm in the Left Lane, cruising. He's in the Right lane. We are just passing this car in the center lane. He wants to get ahead of that car, and in front of me...I know this. Me, being the competitive person I am, I downshift into 4th, and floor it. He comes up, quicker than I anticipated...I shift down to 3rd at this time. I start pulling away...THEN shift back into 4th....and pull away more....Once I shifted into 5th I let off, slowed back to 55-60, and he just hung back there...finally the highway led into town, and we hit the first 2 lights GREEN. On the 3rd light, it was Yellow, but I stopped anyway. He pulled up next to me, and before he rolled his window down, I noticed the badge on the fender "V-10 Magnum" (note: I am NOT claiming to have beaten a SRT-10, I know the difference between a V10 Magnum, and the Viper V-10 powered Ram) ...I just got a HUGE GRIN...he rolled his window down and asked what I had under the hood...I just said 'Just a 6'.....and laughed...he said it was some nice driving, and that he TRUELY WAS TRYING PASS ME...he even threw out the number 600 ft./lbs. of torque....He said that was some nice driving. I just said thanks...and by this time the light was Green, and we were on our way. I've seen him on the road since then, and he remembers me...He just kind of waves...and says hi....

Maybe sometime I'll tell you guys about the time me and my wife were racing on the street.....she got caught and pulled over......and NOBODY got a ticket!...THAT was a fun night!...

Ryan

I'm aiming for a 05 or 06? (not sure what he has anymore) mazda RX8. I'm a little nervous cuss I think it runs around a Mid 14 stock? Anyways, he knows what I've been doing and said I could test out the gains with him. We have yet to race but I tried asking him to run a couple of weeks ago and he wouldn't? He'd probably wipe me out but hey? Intimidation! He's seen me take off and the sound of my truck is so-so. Just enough to let others know that this isn't no stock X. Heck, if he saw what some of you guys ran he'd probably crap his pants.

Anyways, I'm hoping this to be my next kill. Of maybe "I got killed"? who knows.

After him, I'll go ahead and see how many car lengths my friends lighning can take me by. I'm just not ready to get my a$$ handed to me like that yet.

I'm aiming for a 05 or 06? (not sure what he has anymore) mazda RX8. I'm a little nervous cuss I think it runs around a Mid 14 stock? Anyways, he knows what I've been doing and said I could test out the gains with him. We have yet to race but I tried asking him to run a couple of weeks ago and he wouldn't? He'd probably wipe me out but hey? Intimidation! He's seen me take off and the sound of my truck is so-so. Just enough to let others know that this isn't no stock X. Heck, if he saw what some of you guys ran he'd probably crap his pants.

Anyways, I'm hoping this to be my next kill. Of maybe "I got killed"? who knows.

After him, I'll go ahead and see how many car lengths my friends lighning can take me by. I'm just not ready to get my a$$ handed to me like that yet.

Those Mazda RX8's are such DOGGGS! The RX7's were something to speak about as long as they were turbo'd. The N/A RX8's are just slow as molasses IMO. I don't know if they even run 14's in stock form. I believe I had heard from more than one source that they run low 15's. Either way, just race him and have fun with it. Too many people are afraid to just race and have fun instead of trying to prove how manly their vehicle is.

Back