Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Lamp out mudule

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by dmr1203, December 20, 2004.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. dmr1203

dmr1203 Member

City, State:
    Atlanta
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1996 eddie bauer
    Hey guys, does anyone know how much this part costs? Is it easy to replace on my own? Thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Jester1994

Jester1994 Active Member

City, State:
    Dorchester, MA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '11 Explorer Limited
    Yes, it is easy to replac eon your own, I assume you have it and it is faulty in your Eddie bauser or limited since you are asking. Just lift up the message center on your center console (the black areas just snap up). It is a little black box attached sideways on the right side. There are two screws you need to take off then unplug the wires. The computer baord is inside the protective black plactic piece. You can get it for about $50 plus shipping form www.fordpartsnetwork.com or for probably a few bucks more from a local for dealer. Just snap in the new one an your all set. I am actually doing the same thing now as we speak, my low beams don't work! If you search on the forum for "lamp out module" there is a thread with a write and and pictures walking you through it, but it is pretty easy and self explainatory.

We Support Our Troops!