Land Rover LR3 SOHC V6 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Land Rover LR3 SOHC V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not to far. SGI has pretty cheap mustang 4.0L, and they seem to be in better shape than the ones from the SUV's. I think there was one in Battleford SGI not to long ago. for a little over a grand, you could do a drop in.
Decided to either get a balance shaft engine, or try to rebuild the LR3, have not pulled the LR3 engine out yet though, going semi-nuts trying to figure out what to do. Will sit down with a bottle of rum, then decide... or not?...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Thanks for supporting this site with your elite membership.
You are welcome! I believe that I have already got a lot of good information on the 4.0 engine, this is a great site...

Either way that engine needs to come out. According to the book that's a 15 hr job. Pitter patter :)
Have a few other family things to attend to, but once I start I'll be on it very steadily...

Yeeyeee = hell yea in red neck terms
Yeeyeee:)
OK, have got a 2008 Ranger 4x4 engine, arranging to have the old Land Rover dragged off to a better (bigger is better) location to start surgery, which I'm sure will be interesting...

Anyone here happen to know what position the front harmonic balancer crankshaft position sensor reads out to the engine computer at #1 TDC vs the Land Rover (rear transmission housing) ? A hint is all I need...

OK all... go to
to finish the story...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back