Largest Tires Without Lift? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I have a 2wd 99 Explorer XLT and I thought about doing 15x8 wheels with 30 tires. Would that work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would think that’d be safe. It’s only slightly larger, and the wheels are only an inch wider.

runnin' 275/60/16's down here

265/75r16s working good for me, no rubbing and no lift.

42044285_10217189296985041_8105588699078590464_o.jpg

What's the biggest tires you can fit on an ex without having to get a lift? I've heard 265's fit without rub but what do y'all think?
My Ex came with 255/50 R 20 's I am putting winter tires and rims on - going to 18 " rims. the Tiresize.com site says that 265/60/R 18's are only 0.4 " wider. I checked the truck, should be no problem. I'll post back if it is.

What's the biggest tires you can fit on an ex without having to get a lift? I've heard 265's fit without rub but what do y'all think?

When will gearing become an issue? I remember my Liberty was going to need new gearing on the rear diff to make it work without downshifting constantly on the highway. Actually, a lot of people ran without OD because of it.
I'm sure with the V8, gearing is much less of an issue...

Rim diameter is irrelevant. 31 is about the biggest you’ll reliably run stock without issues. Some will rub with 31s. Width will depend on how far past the fender wells you want to stick out. You’d be better off telling us what size you are looking to run, and then someone can tell you if it’s fit, and what backspace you might need.
I want to put 275/55/20

I have a 2wd 99 Explorer XLT and I thought about doing 15x8 wheels with 30 tires. Would that work?
I have a 99 Explorer XLS and I want to use 33/1250/R15 would this tires fit

Thanks for all the replies. From what I've searched 265/70R17 seems to be the popular choice for 17s. I've noticed a lot of All Terrains. Anyone having trouble running Mud Terrains at that size?
Since we're tiring i have a 99 explorer XLS my ???? Is could I fit 30 12.50 R15 and use my stock rims, can anyone shed some light, and Merry Xhrismas eve.........

Ive ran 33's stock with little rub but i have 1 1/4 wheels spacers in the front to solve that but im back to a 2 1/4 lift in the front now but they will work stock. Dont listen to some of these guys they have never done it!
I have a 99 Explorer XLS & I have 33/12.50/ R15 MT tires so your saying these tires will fit my Explorer.......jimi

Rim diameter is irrelevant. 31 is about the biggest you’ll reliably run stock without issues. Some will rub with 31s. Width will depend on how far past the fender wells you want to stick out. You’d be better off telling us what size you are looking to run, and then someone can tell you if it’s fit, and what backspace you might need.
I have a 99 Explorer XLS and I have 33/ 1 1/2/ R15 MT tires would these tires fit???? Any feed back????

I have a 99 Explorer XLS and I have 33/ 1 1/2/ R15 MT tires would these tires fit???? Any feed back????
As I answered this above you won’t fit 33s on stock wheels at stock height. You’ll need significant lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back