Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Last minute door panel removal tips?

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by ryster, September 7, 2001.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. ryster

ryster New Member

City, State:
    Southeastern, PA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS
    Hi!

I am going to pull my driver's side front door panel tonight to try to eliminate a nasty clunk that has developed (and put some Dynamat in the door panel for good measure).

I have downloaded the removal instructions from the General Explorations forum, but have a couple of additional questions.

(1) I have side airbags on my '00 Explorer XLS. Will removing the door panel potentially fire these things off? Not really sure where the sensor is located...

(2) Is it a requirement to lower the window before removing the panel? I was hoping to be able to leave the window up...

Any other last minute tips? I have the door panel tool, so I do not anticipate any major problems...

Thanks!!
    Ryan

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. ACBlessing

ACBlessing Active Member

City, State:
    Spokane, WA (eastern Washington state)
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2000 Mercury Mountaineer
    Just a guess but I'd probably disconnect the battery and put the lights on (they won't light but to drain anything left) before getting near the airbags. I also use a nylon (plastic) spatula to help between the plastic door panels and the door metal.

-AC