Late Summer Naches get together/run?? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Late Summer Naches get together/run??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is the trail plan? How much time spent at the rocks? And what camping spot? Tents or campers?

What is the trail plan? How much time spent at the rocks? And what camping spot? Tents or campers?

No plan

As much as needed

On the right directly before Crow Creek campground

Whatever you got

I'm sure the trails list includes; (from NWJeepn.com)
1175/684 Naches Pass Trail 7.8 More Difficult
Lower Naches 2.3 Most Difficult
4W306 Manastash Ridge 7.4 More Difficult
4W307 Tripod Flat 5.1 More Difficult
4W307.1 Lost Lake 0.9 More Difficult
4W308 Shoestring 3.5 More Difficult
4W309 String 1.5 More Difficult
4W310 Frost 1.2 More Difficult
4W330 Tipover 2.5 Most Difficult
4W617 Lilly Pond 1.9 Most Difficult
4W676 Kaner Flats 6.9 Most Difficult
4W685 Woodpecker Bypass 1.0 More Difficult
4W686 Milk Creek 3.5 Easy
4W694 Summit (Funny Rocks) 4.6 More Difficult
4W695 Mid Summit (Moon Rocks) 2.3 More Difficult
4W900 Powerline (Ravens Roost)

I suspect there will be 1 LONG day on the trails and maybe a LONG day at the rocks.

Some folks will camp in the Crow Creek campground, some will try to get the spot before crossing the Crow Creek bridge.

Campers, trailers and RV's up to 30-40ft should be able to find a spot to set up.

I know there will be at least 2 campers on tow rigs and 1 tent trailer.

When's the long trail day? Been a long time For me on the 676 trail! Makes a nice loop if you continue to the top of quarts and down the road to the trails across from buck meadows back to tripod flats to the rocks. Not sure my sport will make it up 676 without pulling some cable! Last time I was there it had fresh snow with huge holes on the hills. Never been there with it dry.

What permits, pass , license ,Ect. are need for camping and wheeling?

No passes or permits needed for the trails listed above.

676 still has a lot of holes especially up high on Aardvark hill. Pretty tame when dry but I refused to do it till I had a locker a couple years ago. It was wet last time I was there in June and threw cable 3 times. 2 lockers and my hands wouldn't have gotten dirty that day

I hope you don't need that stupid discover pass there, what a scam that is!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember ever needing any special passes at Naches.

Making progress

Attachments

• IMG_3180.JPG
    IMG_3180.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 197

Update I Will Be Arriving On Thursday Night Late.Gonna Leave After Work. Save Me A Spot.

Forest fire burning up there. Started in Keenan Meadows which is near Shoestring Lake. Not good

A fire was reported yesterday afternoon in the vicinity of the FS1915 road. It was reported this morning as being 30 to 40 acres. There are no closures as of yet but this is in the area of the Kaner (676) trail. I'll update info as I receive it.

Might be 2 different fires? This one supposedly started last night or early this morning? Already being called the Keenan Meadows fire. Either way YUK

Cle Elum Ranger Mikki Douglas confirmed good fire burning Shoestring area. Not sure how to take the good part but there you have it. I was going to be camping on Manastash next Wed-Sunday and running Shoestring etc. Plans certainly may change

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there any rain in the forecast?

Back