Latest iphone update not ending calls / not playing call sound through speakers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Latest iphone update not ending calls / not playing call sound through speakers

uscrules1

Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
After the latest MFT update, my iphone was working better than it ever had before! The connection was stable, no issues, and for the first time, I was getting the alert sounds (mail, text message) through my phone so I could hear them.

For the past few weeks though, it's gone down hill and I'm not sure if it's due to the latest MFT update or the latest iPhone IOS update.

Here's what's going on:
1. I will get into the car and the phone won't play the call through the speakers even though it thinks it is and is connected to sync. I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me. I have to switch the phone back to speaker to talk.

2. When it is working and I end the call, it will end on my phone but it won't end on MFT so the call counter stays up, radio stays off but no one is on the line. Hitting end call won't help, making another call on the phone doesn't work, nothing works except turning off bluetooth.

3. Bluetooth streaming won't connect to the radio. It just sits there and won't find the phone. I am able to fix if I turn off bluetooth and then reconnect.

These issues have been happening much more frequently lately. Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks.

Have you tried power cycle reset of MFT, and of your phone?

You can also do a master reset on MFT through the utilities screen, though it wipes out most of your settings.

Hi, uscrules1!

I agree with dco43054, it sounds like you need to reset MyFord Touch and the iPhone, but let's start with a fresh pairing before a full reset. Try this:

• Go into your Bluetooth setting on your phone, and delete SYNC.
  • Go into the phone menu on MFT, and delete your phone.
  • Soft reboot your phone.
  • Re-pair your iPhone to MFT.

If that doesn't work, perform a master reset - MENU (Gears) > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET. Note, the reset will put all SYNC settings back to factory defaults. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

Thanks for the reply. I had done the re-pairing before and that didn't work.

After reading through some other threads, I set it to stop auto-downloading my phone book and that seemed to speed up the initial pairing and responsiveness when I first get into the car.

Maybe that did it?

Before I told it to stop auto-downloading the address book it did freeze up and restart so I don't know if that may have helped as well.

I'll keep an eye on it and report back any other findings I get.

Back