leaf over axle

zavaral

Furby Murderer
Reaction score
City, State
Moore, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 LMT-XL
i want to know how to do a leaf over axle conversion thatll give me a lift right me and my dad expected about three inches but i dont know if i do that what should i do to the front to get it 1/2 inch lower than the back i have a 91 and would 30x9.5 look good with the little lift i get
thanks

jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

someone correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure you get more like 5'' out of the SOA (spring over axle) conversion.

damn so i take it i really need new tires so what would i do with the front though
jason

ok now how would you do it my friend told me to put in a block on top the axle the the leaf springs then for the front new coils but i dont know

jason

get a 4" suspension up front w/ coil spacers

i heard coil spacers suck plus i want the front end a little lower than the back no more than an inch and also what size tire i was thinking 33x13.5 but i dont

jason

Originally posted by zavaral
ok now how would you do it my friend told me to put in a block on top the axle the the leaf springs then for the front new coils but i dont know

jason

With the SUA, like you have.........blocks would lower your truck

Robb

i know right now they will but he said to do the conversion put the blocks on top the axle then the springs on top of the block

jason

ah...put the perches on top, then the springs on them..right

I haven't heard much bad about coil spacers

Robb

ohh how hard would it be would i just turn the perchs upside down buy new ones or what

jason

It seems to me that in your situation, your best bet would be to get coil spacers and shackles or add-a-leaves. That would let you clear 30x9.50 easily...and if you wanted more...you can get a 3 inch body lift. Just my opinion!

jshexplo96 makes a good suggestion if you are only wanting to put 30s on. With a SOA, anything less than 35s would look silly.

Robb

how much lift wil that get me i already got the 30x9.5 and they look good but i want taller

jason

Okay... if you did SOA you'd get about 4-6in of lift (every truck seems different) If you were to put a block between the axle and the SOA setup, you would have the SOA lift, PLUS how ever big that block you put in there is...

Do coil spacers up front, and do add a leaves... if ya want more lift in the rear, then add shackles...

Problem solved

alright thnx
jason

anyone have a clue how much lift i would have if i put my 4in lifted leafs over my axle?

with the SOA in the back, couldn't u put the front coils outta a fullsized bronco? they are 5 inches longer than the ex's. that is what i was thinkin about doin with my `94 ex.

If you're looking to buy new spring perches for the rear axle, Summit racing sells 'em for like 20 bucks.
www.summitracing.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can run 31x10.50s on the stock rims without a lift. My 92 has had them on since 1994 without a problem. Every once in awhile the front plastic would rub, but no sheet metal. If your rear end is sagging, get air shocks. I ran those for 9 years and they worked great. That way you can also raise the rear end up higher than the front.

If you go too much though the thing will really dive into turns.

Back