leaf spring swap

jobunn

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
I am planning to swap my sagging monoleaf with leaves from a 4 door or from one of the new Sports. I emailed ford parts network and they have new 02 Sport leaves in stock for $69.99 a piece.

Has anyone done this before? Is it a direct swap? I am assuming it is but not sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yup, all Explorer to Explorer leaf swaps are direct; as long as you're departing from the monoleaf.

Do you know if the add a leaf is an option with the new Sports leaves?

hay guys i have a silly quistion. what is a monoleaf? i probably already know what it is just never heard it called that before.

tanks, happy trails
dave

some Sports, mainly '95-'99 ('00?) models only have a single leaf spring and small spacers make up the rest of the leaf pack. Other X's have many leaves that make up the leaf pack.

I dunno if aal's work with those sport "half pack". If you're leaning towards an aal, I'd get the full pack.

tanks for setting me straight on the mono spring.
luckily i dont have that problem since i have a 93 4-door, however one of these days i will need to do a spring swap in the rear due to the lift and to get the add-a-leaf out of my springs. i am gonna have national spring set me up with new leafs so i can achieve good wheel articulation and highth. but any way tanks for the info.

happy trails
dave

will buying a new spring off a 02 sport raise the rear a little? or is it better to just buy off a 4 door and get a pack instead of a monoleaf?

i believe the 01 sport and up went back to the leaf pack. correct me if i'm wrong.
if i'm right, you could get a pack off any 4dr or a 01 up sport and swap it in.
check a junkyard too. i got the pair for $75 off a 99xlt with less than 20k.

are you gonna sell the mono-leafs? if so, how much you want for it. e-mail me at aflikshun@yahoo.com

Are the new 4 door leaf packs designed any better than the old ones or are they the same from 91 to 2002.

Back