Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Leaking Transmission Fluid in REVERSE only !

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by rfields109, March 29, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. rfields109

rfields109 New Member

City, State:
    Tulsa, OK
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '94 XLT 4x4
    I finally got my 1994 Exploder running good and driving good,with the exception of the standard 62ish mph vibration we all love to hate.

Well coming back from the lake, towing a my 16' old bass boat (about 1000 lbs) it does great. I get ready to back it into the back yard and I notice I am leaving a trail of evidence for my inability to back a boat straight.

Got it out of the street put it in park and NOTHING, Put it back in reverse with my 26 year old son looking underneath and NOTHING but a few drips on the bottom of the housing betwen the Tranny and Transfer case.

Fundamental question it only does it in reverse and under load. I had used some O'reilly's general purpose transmission fluid when this happened.... I replaced it with DexMerc named fluid now.

ANY ideas would be appreciated on this it's happened a couple of times now and is very disconcerting.

:feedback:

Thank You !

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.