Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Learned a lot

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gypsy81165, July 18, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Gypsy81165

Gypsy81165 New Member

City, State:
      Wilmington, NC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1994 Eddie Bauer Explorer
      I just joined today. I have to tell this story. A hose had blown from the water pump to the heater core. I thought this is an easy fix. So I fixed the hose turned on the engine and got a check engine light. So did an internet search, found this forum got reading and found out how to check engine codes by using a paper clip. Well the codes came up 157 and 998. So I got reading some more and found out it was the MAF sensor. I thought how did I get from a blown hose to this. Well I was ready to buy a new sensor but got reading some more and read where someone had unplugged the sensor and forgot to plug it back in. So I go out and get under the hood and found that it didn't look unplugged but I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I start the engine and HOORAY:thumbsup: the check engine light is off and everything is running smooth. Not bad for a woman huh. All I have to say is thank you for being here and I am sure I will be back quite often to solve more problems.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. rookieshooter

rookieshooter Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Martinsburg WV
      84 BII "Li'l Samson"
      Welcome, not bad at all whether your male or female.

4. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum! It shows how important it is to search this site for answers, and how powerful the search engine is. Thanks for sharing your story with us.