• Register Today It's free!

Led light bar question

NickSantagataa

Reaction score
City, State
Mount dora , Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 explorer xlt 4x4
hey guys got a 600 paycheck and all my bills are paid so I got 600 for my babe , I want to do a 52" led lightbar but my question is can I use the regular mounts it comes with to put it on the roof or no? , also I can't find windshield mount for it that are less than the light bar or that fix my 2008 explorer all help would be appriciated :), thanks guys

Light bar
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FH8P1DG/ref=pd_aw_fbt_263_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1YKDJDMMJY8RPP964FDD

Or this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ES..._rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2068141862&pf_rd_i=mobile

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like to know this also. I have never seen a roof mount on a 4th gen.

Never really see that many ford explorers with light bars either but I like to turn heads :)

image.jpg
my company can make you the custom brackets you need

image.jpg

This is the bracket we made for my explorer, sorry for the sideways photo

Personally I think that mount looks funky on the explorer just because of how far it sits from the racks. Im planning on mounting mine flush with my basket when I pull the lightbar trigger. But that being said to each is own.

Like the bar you have there explorer. What brand of light bar is that. I am wanting to do exactly that to my EX. Right now I have a 22" bar on my grill guard.

Looked on your company site don't see the brackets :( can you send me a link and are they expensive? Thinking of making them my self

Sorry about that the site is still under construction but it depends on what kinda brackets you looking for? Roof mounts, grill mounts, oainted not painted let me know exactly what you want. Okie and all and where your from and I can get you a price

I want the mounts like you have , I live in mount Dora Florida

I am really in need of brackets for my 08 Sport Trac so I can mount a light bar. How much do you charge for those mounts?
That member hasn’t logged on here since December of 2016

Have since replaced stock headlight and fog lamp bulbs with LED bulbs...

Not too bad, but of course having a white vehicle is not optimal...

I went with led headlights and a 23" light bar, definitely reccomend led headlights.
FB_IMG_1514005322422.jpg
20181004_204539.jpg

The right one being the new led, the left the old bulb. I had nighthawks in before, so that's not a dim bulb.
20181005_213518.jpg

Also did new backup lights and tail lamps.
20181005_213537.jpg

I really like the HID projectors for highway driving. Plenty of light on the road, and the upper cutoff keeps the headlights out of oncoming traffic when you have 6” of lift.

Daylighters:

LED Bar

Rear Facing LED lights

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here is my stealthy light bar install. I would have gone with a slightly shorter one if I didnt already have this one laying around.

4tD9YAB.jpg

vFILJZb.jpg

Back