Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

LED Mirror Light Conversion (Pics)

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by MustangP51, February 1, 2008.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. FIND

FIND Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Vermillion, SD
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 XLT V8 AWD
    Just so you know, you can buy bulb bases. But, your homemade ones will work just as well. I used 2 pin connectors and replaced the bulb holder in mine so that I can disconnect the lights from my mirrors, but, if I didn't have those handy, I would have just made bulb base adapters.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. MustangP51

MustangP51 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Connecticut
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2009 Limited V8
    This is exactly what I did in the 2nd row dome light, it is still working to this day!...

I agree buying bulb bases is a great choice if you are going to do these projects without splicing into the harnesses.

I have amassed such a large collection of plug and play bulbs that have failed, that all I do anymore is heat them up with a heat gun, separate the base from the LEDs and voila!