Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 58 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's a meguires gel, I think it's called endurance or something like that. It's purple and smells like grape. It came with a meguires kit that I bought, today was the first time I've used it and I'm pretty happy with the results. It's supposed to last longer than the spray on stuff, we shall see if that's true though. In any case it's a lot cheaper, I think I used about 1.5oz from the 6oz bottle. And the 16oz bottles were somewhere around $10.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

techieman33 needed his wheels re done, so we did them in smoked chrome , however to make things a lil' different some blue pearl was added to the clear coat.

I'm sure we'll see better pictures when they are mounted. I tried to capture the flip flop ( gray to blue) effect it gives -you can almost see it in the close up

drooooool! :)

Ditto, Eric that looks great.:salute:

Looks great Jon! It'd be a shame to have that case do what its meant to do with that nice powder on there.

Looks great Jon - thanks!

More parts coming soon...

andnowforsome128587524147789236.jpg

001-7.jpg

And this time lets see if the video captures the effect the pearl has on it. I mixed a slight amount of blue and voilet pearl into the clear to give a "magenta?" color to the reflection. I hope you can see it because I sure can when compared to no clear.

those shackles are absolutely siiiiiickk. :thumbsup:

So are those for Ben? :D

Back