Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 64 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Jon's latest work

A winch my father is restoring/updating
winch010.jpg

Close Up of the Color
winch006.jpg

Amazing Depth but glass smooth
winch007.jpg

The Top
winch008.jpg

The most amazing gloss black! No polishing required!
winch004.jpg

Thanks again Jon your work is second to none! Dad will be seeing these pictures for the first time here in a few minutes.

Thanks for putting up the pictures Daniel.:D I guess the steaks distracted me, and I forgot to get out the camera while the parts were out. I had a good time hanging out-glad you made it home safe. Sheri and I always enjoy having you here. :thumbsup:

Oh, you guys!--that winch is this one I gave up on

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273586&highlight=warn

looked like this-

Pictures001.jpg

Wow, that's going to be quite an improvement!!! Is that a mixture of black and smoked chrome on different pieces?

Wait- Steak?

So is there a thread for the new floor? :)

The spool is black and the case, brake, and pawl are smoke chrome (slightly dark than the warn original colors)

Wow, that's going to be quite an improvement!!! Is that a mixture of black and smoked chrome on different pieces?
Yes, plus the raised areas are "silver sparkle"

The spool is black and the case, brake, and pawl are smoke chrome (slightly dark than the warn original colors)
Yeh

So is there a thread for the new floor? :)

I was not planning on it. If I come across something completely gut wrenching though I may. Snap together flooring isn't too interesting really. :D

Are you moving? Thanks for putting up the pictures!!

No, that's my Father-in-law's house and he is moving. I drove up yesterday so we could go on a bike ride and start training for RAGBRAI in July;)

Limited, grille looks great! Jon did an excellent job as always. And as stated over and over, could look at your powdercoat work all day Jon! Not sure if that is age or just an appreciation for someone that loves and does good work!! A rarity these days.

Those would look nuts on a black ex.

OMG that is sick - that is MY color!! I'm going to send over my dog in a box, please powder coat him "toxic waste green".

i think if you added a little black to them by coloring the holes it would enhance the wheels

Never liked too many stock 2nd gen wheels, those being my least favorite, But with your magic and that color, they are Awesome!!!

Back