Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 65 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The finished (nearly) winch.

winch006.jpg

winch001.jpg

winch008.jpg

All new wiring, a remote, and upgraded solenoids. Plans include synthetic winch line and some lights around it.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Nice. To bad it's on a HEEP :D

For Kris Guilbeau's Jurassic Park --soon to be v8 wagon

001-14.jpg

Main focus was matching the masking lines from the plennum to the plennum cover. The plennum cover discolored a tad, and, my yellow to green fade did not melt out like it was sprayed on--:(

It is what it is, still looks freaky and when seen in person --everybody who saw it knew the theme right off. "That reminds me of Jurrassic Park"

That is cool.

can you powder coat anything pink.....i mean ANYTHING and sent it to ben? i am sure if you ask around, there are plenty of us that would chip in! :D

can you powder coat anything pink.....i mean ANYTHING and sent it to ben? i am sure if you ask around, there are plenty of us that would chip in! :D

I have been ( get it? been? lol ) holding a stock of powder for just such an occasion, but nobody will send me peices of his truck-I think he has one--somewhere.

Try to think of something that's quick to change, like the wiper arms. How hard is it to remove the shift lever arm? What model does Ben have, the 91-97 maybe, do a rear hatch opening lever. No, that'd be hell to swap.

How about the roof rack pieces?

This winter i'll definitely be interested in having you do my intake manifolds, piping, valve covers, water outlet and alternator housing for my 3500 swapped grand am assuming you're still doing this.

OMG!!! SOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN I EXPECTED!!!

I was thinking you were doing all black with red stripe on the flute, but boy that looks A LOT cleaner.

What color is the silver? Can you take pictures outside since it's so nice today?

I was thinking you were doing all black with red stripe on the flute, but boy that looks A LOT cleaner.

What color is the silver? Can you take pictures outside since it's so nice today?
The color is "Argento" . The top coat is 40% clear. The 40% makes a huge difference, letting 60 percent of the light "through" while reflecting only 40%. This helps add metallic appearance huh? I found 100% gloss makes this color look more "gray" because it reflects light like a mirror. True you get mirror gloss, but depth goes out the window.

They are installed on post 242 in the "2000 mounty"thread linked down there VVVVVV
:D

Damn those wheels look good.

X2!! INCREDIBLE job Jon!!

Re: red stripe who in their right mind would recommend that or maroon :D

Oh wait, disregard that last part.....

X2!! INCREDIBLE job Jon!!

Re: red stripe who in their right mind would recommend that or maroon :D

Oh wait, disregard that last part.....

LOL. In regards to the red stripe idea... I've seen it before and some cars can pull it off, but it didn't seem to fit John's ride IMO.

After relooking at the pictures, I am now stuck between this "Argentino" or the light silver in gloss for my wheels... I'll have to see them in person to decide.

Back