Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Mark my words, this will come to no good.

As soon as you get one clean, good looking item in the engine compartment it spawns a frenzy of scrubbing and scouring.

This powder coating is the devil's work I tell you!

It starts with P, and that ryhmes with T, and that stands for TROUBLE!:shifty_ey

but it does look pretty good though.

Jon,
As you and I have previously talked about this, how is the high temp ceramic powdercoating coming along? I am very interested and will send my entire turbo exhaust system to you for high temp coating. If I am not mistaken doesn't the high temp ceramic hold heat in as well? If so I am definately going to need to get this done. Unfortunately you will need a large oven when I send you my y-pipe. It is about 2.5dx2.5'wx5' long! Otherwise you could handle everything else right now. I am looking to also send you my inlet piping as well but I will do the exhaust first. I am thinking of changing my inlet piping up once I order my e-fan. -james

That looks great! I can't wait until Jon gets ahold of my upper intake parts :)

Bump for post # 145.

oops sorry James--I missed that

I am looking in to the ceramics. It is a relatively simple process, nearly the same except the ceramic is a liquid. I am currently looking for a flex spray nozzle to get inside the tubes.
The baking should be no problem-

That should be interesting also. I'd like to coat my cat pipes after I make them and decide that they are right. I don't know if an exhaust coating business would do cat pipes, or if they could. I can get headers done locally, but it isn't cheap. I'd like to have my headers through my cross over pipes coated eventually.

oops sorry James--I missed that

I am looking in to the ceramics. It is a relatively simple process, nearly the same except the ceramic is a liquid. I am currently looking for a flex spray nozzle to get inside the tubes.
The baking should be no problem-
Gotcha Jon. I am looking at getting all my hotside coated (from the headers to the exhaust tailpipe, turbo snell,etc). I would like to get it done around winter if possible. Definately keep me informed.

Here is after first blast and bake-
If you guys will keep me awake tonight-I'm going to turn it chrome and black-
Needs another blasting-then a wipe with acetone and I'll shoot it--

The inset will be black--

Attachments

• intake blasted.jpg
    intake blasted.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 695

Well i have another set i have to get out of the trailer that im gonna use soon. I may have to get somework done.

I think black will do.

Also my color is gonna be from a older dodge charger. They were making me a test card of it before i get it mixed. Should get that tomm...

When the time comes--just pick a color from an ebayer list I give you, and I'll get it:thumbsup:

I think the black chrome would be good for your wheels--to be serious.

I could try to do a lime green pinstripe on it--

Just curious Jon, have you tried to do those exhuast tips yet? I mean this is not something I am trying to rush but I was just wondering how hard/easy they are if you have...

Back