Lets see your switches! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets see your switches!

im not to sure where to mount my light switches so i wanted to see where you guys mounted yours. sooo lets see some pics!
thats in my 2wd.... i would put it in the same spot but theres a 4wd selector in its place... i know the mounting kit for the cd player is upside down... thats how i got it and i never fixed it...

so gimme some ideas with pics! please haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMG_1954-1.jpg

I like that Scanguage mount. Do you ever have a problem with it when you fill up where it doesn't ask you how many gallons you put in? On mine at first it wouldn't ask me how many gallons I put in on fill up about 1 in 3 fill ups. It slowly got worse from there to the point where it doesn't ask at all anymore.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

IMG_07521.jpg

Above the cigg lighter. They are green led lit at night with the lights on and they look stock to the colors of the whole interior, top switch is roof rack lights and bottom is bumper, I also shaved down the back of the radio bezel in order to get another switch like that there if i needed another one...

Cig plug is for the lightbar on top
P1000382.jpg

LT1 turns on/off the L.E.D. fog lights mounted on bumper and LT2 turns on/off all emergency lights
P1000396.jpg

got the center console switch board done. not wired tho.
here it is...the switches look crooked in the pic (due to the lighting), but they are straight and all aligned properly.
IMG01416.jpg

Had to add another control box.....

P1000891.jpg

P1000892.jpg

Here's my switch for my bull bar mounted Hella's:
4940416020_50b17ce17c_z.jpg

moroso switch panel, ignition switch + 5 rockers with breakers. far right is my brown wire mod switch, followed by the "fan" switch, witch runs my tranny cooler fan. other 3 are unused....for now

other switches run fog lights, back-up lights, grille gaurd off road lights
the switch that replaced my rear wiper switch is a momentary OFF switch, i hooked it up to my trailer tail light wire to flash my trailer lights, like semis have haha

picture help ! trust me you will like them

can we insert pictures into this post or do we have to insert from photowebsite ;-(

added some goodies to my switches. like 2 DC ports and a fuse block.
IMG01570.jpg

fuse block
DSC04420.jpg

I flipped the ash tray upside down, cut out a little metal to clearance and used a Dremel to cut the holes for the switches.
I plan on adding 120 volt outlet and at least two USB ports. Oh yeah, and LEDS to indicate position.
I have more pics in my post about it. http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284238

I still want to know how to fix my spelling in the title.

IMAG0118.jpg

Awesome thread! Why did people stop putting into this? Heres my switches in my 97 Explorer XLT

0907101323.jpg

That's unique. Looks like an aircraft setup with those overhead councle switches

Those are the style switches I was planning on going with, but I was going to make a panel to replace the garage door opener on my overhead console. The more I see them, the more I am convinced they are what I want to go with.

Though, I like that Moroso panel. What are those below the switches? Indicators? Fuses? Decoration? That panel would make things quite a bit simpler...

EDIT: AHA found the answer, breakers. Very nice.

20120820_132839.jpg

I suppose I could have made them a little tighter fit, and no gaps, if I hadn't gone mad with the file.. lol - I didn't have a bit big enough.

Here's to hoping there's enough room behind the switches for spade terminals lol..

Thanks for the ideas I am going to be needing this soon as I plan on a Yakima roof rack and 4 lights up there.

FIND: ya they are breakers, the switch panel is awesome, the first switch is on a relay - ignition switch, the rest are all on breakers. i got my tranny cooler fan on one, and the brown wire mod on the other. the panel fits nice, just have to remove the metal plate behind the plastic.

ill have to post pics of whats behind that panel some time, i have 2 additional fuse blocks, and 12v power / ign 12v / ground terminals back there... etc etc very proud of the wiring i do..

Awesome thread! Why did people stop putting into this? Heres my switches in my 97 Explorer XLT

0907101323.jpg

Thats FREAKIN awesome!!!! i will deff be doing it like that asap!!!!

Back