Lets see your switches! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lets see your switches!

im not to sure where to mount my light switches so i wanted to see where you guys mounted yours. sooo lets see some pics!
thats in my 2wd.... i would put it in the same spot but theres a 4wd selector in its place... i know the mounting kit for the cd player is upside down... thats how i got it and i never fixed it...

so gimme some ideas with pics! please haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My two switches for my front and rear auxiliary lights. I like keeping things clean and discrete. They're micro high-wattage SPST from Radioshack. They're rated at 5 amps at 120v... my lowly power draw won't choke them and I didn't need to use a relay if I got the high-watt versions.

Joeysphone220.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

qnmguFw.jpg

Controls the lights on my bumper. Right = on.

In the "new" truck:
ctwx2iSh.jpg

Top (Blue LED) is the big HID spots on the roof.
Bottom (Green LED) is the driving lights under the bumper.

2005 Explorer Switch Location

I have a 2005 Explorer XLT with the center console. Anyone have any ideas where I can install 4 or 5 toggle switches in a functional clean way? I can't install the on the roof because I have a sun roof. Where can I get some kind of mounting plate or switch bracket?? I've checked the auto parts stores here and they don't have anything like that... Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

VZM.IMG_20160623_221029_zpslbzkbxaa.jpg

This is an older set up but a good picture to show you were they are.
20160213_125707_zpsd72dyk8g.jpg

Here is one I just took just for this

20160707_103605_zpspiv1x0jk.jpg

100_0745_zpscsly9rq2.jpg

On my 2000 Ranger I replaced the radio trim panel with one from a Explorer, removed the rear wiper switch & rear defroster switch & installed the accessory port where the rear wiper switch was & installed another fog light switch where the rear defroster switch was for the off road lights I have mounted behind the grille.

Great looking switches, Guy's!

I only have one switch installed for my front aux lights. Small and flush mount.

IMG_20160311_164123.jpg

IMG_20160311_173424.jpg

Here's a pic of some USB ports I added, in case anyone needs an idea.

Note: This won't work if you have EATC. Also I might relocate it since I'm afraid that an airbag deployment might send it flying at 100 mph :p

(dead link)

D2F05BD2-56C1-4B5B-B2A9-B73D10376703.jpg

Here are a couple crappy pics of my switches:

I also have one of these pushbutton switches on the side of my console behind the t-case shifter. It turns on the air compressor.

The side of the center console (if equipped) is also a handy place to put less often used switches. Such as:
NV18Givl.jpg

That's pretty much exactly where my compressor on/off switch is.

So I attempted to do this same layout with the same switches and switch holder but the A/C tubing that leads to the back seats was in the way. I was curious if you did something to the piping to make it fit or does your model not have it?

VZM.IMG_20160623_221029_zpslbzkbxaa.jpg

This is an older set up but a good picture to show you were they are.
20160213_125707_zpsd72dyk8g.jpg

Here is one I just took just for this

20160707_103605_zpspiv1x0jk.jpg

Back