Lifeguard's sas. | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifeguard's sas.

Ok, so since my car was towed home yesterday with no breaks i will be starting my sas. :D i am using a d30 front end with RA's that my buddy gave to me when he put a hp d44 under his 97 yukon :cool:. so since i have ben buying barts for over a year now i have almost all the styuff i need. there will be no guts in the axle for a little bit since i had to start on the swap eraly and need my truck back on the road. so on with the pics . i have goten this far in a day and a half. :D

i went thrugh 2 grinders cleening this thing up. lol good thing they wher only $8 from harbor freght
100_0911_00.jpg

100_0914.jpg

still need to weld the perches and set the pinion angle. anyone know an esay way to do that?
100_0916.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK the rims came today, and i have to say, they shipped fast. i even ordered them on a Sunday. this is where i ordered the from. very Happy with the site. i also decided to keep the other rims and get some At's for Daly driving. now all i need to do is get the rims mounted. and take my drive shaft in again. (wrong size slip yolk) and i can drive it. :)
100_1247.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Same wheels I got. Very nice:thumbsup:

with a few pry bars you can mount the tires urself...

i will let the pics tell the story! :):bounce::burnout:
any one have a bumper there selling? lol
100_1251.jpg

i might not fit any more. o well
100_1248.jpg

100_1253.jpg

100_1255.jpg

Looks good. Ha my bumper is starting to look a lot like that too.

thanks. ya i love the way the tires look and ride. accept for the fact both rear tires thu there weights today. and the spedo is way further of than i thought it would be. o well lol. so what rpms are people at on the freeway with 4.88 and 35's? mine just feels to high at what i think is 65 lol.

The Ex is starting to shape up nicely. Are you going to do anything with the rear bumper and add some gap guards? That would really help the look.

Here's a James Duff tubular front bumper for cheap:

Hope that helps. Good luck.

so how did everyone get there parking breaks to work? my pas side cable doesn't want to reach. should i cut the bracket off and move it back?

well i got some cheep flex shots today. they kinda suck cuz i still haven't installed the front gears. i did learn i need to move my shock mounts around.took this one a few weeks ago but forgot to take more pics. :thumbdwn:
100_1256.jpg

i like hoe the leaf is flat. no negative arch. so I'm going to move the shock mounts up more so i get more down travel out of them.
100_1258.jpg

and no rubbing :)
100_1260.jpg

100_1261.jpg

100_1264.jpg

need some new front shock towers.
100_1266.jpg

100_1269.jpg

100_1268.jpg

100_1265.jpg

100_1271.jpg

lookin good -- trail time eh? :D

nice shots. lets go wheelin sometime

Thinkin of geting thes insted of the f 150 shock mounts. what do you guys think?

Thats a fantastic price for the bent tubes plus tabs -- I'd do it!

Might be kind of a pain to find a good place to mount them with the coil bucket there, but i'm sure you could figure something out.

Why not get the 250 towers?

oh, and my advice with the top plates in this picture is to cut off the old shock tabs. They dented my shocks under flex. Just a precautionary measure so it doesn't happen to you.

100_1264.jpg

thanks for the tip froader i will do that. :)
what i was thinking of doing is cut one side off of the hoops and mount them on the top of the spring towers, and the other side on the frame. i was also thinking i would get more height out of them.

O yea. That would work out really good. Chech out cage, they have the same setup as that.

Back