Lifeguard's sas. | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifeguard's sas.

Ok, so since my car was towed home yesterday with no breaks i will be starting my sas. :D i am using a d30 front end with RA's that my buddy gave to me when he put a hp d44 under his 97 yukon :cool:. so since i have ben buying barts for over a year now i have almost all the styuff i need. there will be no guts in the axle for a little bit since i had to start on the swap eraly and need my truck back on the road. so on with the pics . i have goten this far in a day and a half. :D

i went thrugh 2 grinders cleening this thing up. lol good thing they wher only $8 from harbor freght
100_0911_00.jpg

100_0914.jpg

still need to weld the perches and set the pinion angle. anyone know an esay way to do that?
100_0916.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:D the shock hoops came today! :)will get you some pics a Lil later today.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

got some work dune. :) but ran out of welding wire. :( so hears some pics so far. the tubes are allot biger than i thought. and i think this kit was a great deal.
100_1276.jpg

and once i figured how much to cut off. i matched it on the other tube.
100_1284.jpg

100_1277.jpg

looks much better.:D
100_1287-1.jpg

and still ugly but I'm getting better lol
100_1286.jpg

Yeah lookin good there!

Looks pretty good man. I would still suggest bracing that track bar mount though.

ya i think i will brace the track bar mount and add a couple bolts through it as well, when i fix the steering box that has leaked since the first time i wheeled it lol.

And, new new carrier will be hear next week! :) so i will be 4x4 again lol.

sweet lifeguard. I'm excited to see this on the trail. I saw brandon916's ex the otherday down at 4 wheel parts on el comino. I think were the only three in the area;)

has any one in Cali ever had to get a break inspection? will my lack of abs be a problem? need to have it dun to get me new salvaged title :(:mad:

hay colindo, you know if there is a place around you that will do a brake and light inspection? no one in this area will look at it because its modified and i have a feeling i will have better luck up there.

I really don't know anything about brake inspections. I've never heard of it.

where did you get that shock mounting kit from?

I think he got it off ebay

yup off of ebay. hear is the seller. he has 100% positive feed back. and i am very happy with them.

well spent the day at the lake playing and on the way home it started to make a noise and i don't like the way it sounds. when i take off from a stop i get a clung clung clunk. and it it only from a stop. so i will have to looking to that this week. but a did get some pics. it was a great day out there.
100_1308.jpg

100_1310.jpg

100_1300.jpg

100_1302.jpg

and this is my co-workers truck and i going to coppy his bumper :)
100_1297.jpg

100_1298.jpg

100_1299.jpg

Finlay i will be 4x4 Aegean! :) dropping it off on Tuesday and pic it up Wednesday. :)
how do you guys feel about wheel a fresh set of gears? they where telling me to break them in lightly.

Yeah be easy on them for a while. Then get hard in progression

Its finished! :D
took it out to play abit today, and i am so happy with the way it preformed.
taking it easy for now. but hear are a few pics. :thumbsup::D
100_2417.jpg

100_2418.jpg

100_2411.jpg

100_2413.jpg

lol ya. its better than nothin for now.

Back