Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

Donner

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Natomas/Irvine
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion
Didn't you recommend this for the 1" to 2" lift a while back?
www.coilsprings.com

(added 10/2008)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutgin View Post
Ok here's some negative,
1.) They dont achieve advertised lift.
2.) They are stiffer than stock springs (this means less flex)
3.) They are pricey compared to other lifts on the market.

I guess my main issue is the stiffness, I'm all about off road capability. And these hurt your ability to flex.
Here's another opinion of mine: I believe they were a pretty good product when we had no other option..........now we do. So read this thread and the others and decide which is best for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutgin View Post
I forgot something,
4.) The springs settle.

I started out achieving about 2" from my 2.5" springs. I'm down to about 1.5" now. Which is kinda good cause now I'm pretty much level and I dont have to install the rear lift springs I bought from you Donner. I'm just glad I didnt install them right away and waited to see if they would settle. By the way I have 1.5" rear springs for sale!

So there is something to consider also, especially if you do like me and do the fronts first. They will settle so give it time to see what you will need to make it level.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ktford View Post
1 Coilspring US don't give the advertised lift
2 King springs, the Aussie equivalant does provide the advertised lift (JCUZ was believing a 3rd parties story rather than the manufacturer,) not his fault as he hadn't been made aware of the component manufacturers statement which clearly states the lift one will achieve. www.kingsprings.com
3 RB's lift is a non compressable component which will give the lift it is sold as no question

Scotty
p.s. this is a non paid statement, either financial or sexual, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCUZ View Post
Scotty - thanks for that link; for someone who prides himself on doing all the research i can, i'm shocked at myself for believing a fitter and not finding this out beforehand. this is from kingsprings site:

Please note: The following height classifications are a generalization only. Degree of lowering can vary between part numbers and vehicles. Spring design i.e. spring rate and vehicle height is relative to market demand. If exacting measurements are required for vehicle ride heights please contact King Springs.
- Front Low: Lowers vehicle approximately 30mm below standard.
- Front STD: Standard Height.
- Front Raised: Raises vehicle approximately 20mm above standard (recommended for bull bar, country driving or whenever increased ground clearance is desired).
- Rear Low: Lowers vehicle approximately 30mm below standard.
- Rear STD +:Standard height to 20mm raised.
- Rear Raised: Raises vehicle approximately 30-40mm above standard (recommended for excessive towing, load-carrying or LPG tank etc)

NOTE: Super Low coils are generally 40-50 below standard.

It then says that 4WD STD springs will achieve 10 to 20mm lift. So looks like the installer I got mine from just quoted the expected rear lift, and didn't tell me the front would be less.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea u can buy the springs for front or back but i did 2 inches up front... if ur not concerned about ride quality, i suggest 3 inches up front cuz it could use a bit more... 3 up front and 1 in back would probably be the best

You are a hero!

If I had listened to you from the first day the lift would now be complete...

I kid you not, THANK YOU!! Because of your confidence in Coilsprings, I ordered the front set a bit back and (the backs will follow) guess what? The other company (Rancho) has pushed back their product, they say another month... this is the 13th consecutive month they've done this? You predicted this I believe... Anyways, later for them... I should have my coilsprings very soon thanks to you! :thumbsup:

THANK YOU!! :salute:

If I had listened to you from the first day the lift would now be complete...

I kid you not, THANK YOU!! Because of your confidence in Coilsprings, I ordered the front set a bit back and (the backs will follow) guess what? The other company (Rancho) has pushed back their product, they say another month... this is the 13th consecutive month they've done this? You predicted this I believe... Anyways, later for them... I should have my coilsprings very soon thanks to you! :thumbsup:

THANK YOU!! :salute:

haha never a problem... i figured the release date would be pushed back cuz it always is... i had confidence in this site because i received my springs the day they said i would get them and i got high quality, well-built springs... they havent failed me yet and havent sagged a bit... the front is still up high and i love it... enjoy urs when they come in... cheers :chug:

coilsprings.com... u have to write up a quote or call them to get details cuz they use ur stock OEM number off ur springs to make them... heres what mine looks like with 2 extra inches up front (and 265s)

2456765_44_full.jpg

2456765_43_full.jpg

Costs vary...

It depends on many factors, but you have to call them for a quote... :cool:

Have your vin number ready, y sabes, they will make you custom sets - front and/or rear... :)

Not sure...

Check out Bigapple's posts about them...

For me, I just need a little more clearance than I have, so its basic stuff for me...

u can max out at abouot 3 extra inches front and back but the ride would be like one of those ricer civics lowered that u see bouncin around the streets... i just suggest front and the ride is a bit stiffer but not too bad... cost me 160 with 20 bux shipping to baton rouge... good luck... cheers :chug:

if I only put new(3in lift springs) in the front wouldn't it sag in the back?

nah ur back would stay the same height and the front would level out with it... ull enjoy it either way, whichever u go with

The rear end of trucks is always 2in higher then the front.
It has to do with the weight in the front, and the cargo capacity of the rear.

Like Bigapple said it will level out. Just because it says 3in doesn't mean that's what you will achieve. Once the spring compresses you'll lose the inch.
Unless of course you owned a 2dr which for some reason, ALWAYS sag in the rear.

If it's a 3" lifted spring that is what should be achieved, our local spring manufacturer reset mine free of cost including fitment after I fitted them and only achieved 1/2 the advertised lift.
Scotty

Mine didn't fit

I also got some springs. Two inches taller and 15% stiffer. They will not fit. They wouldn't compress enough to fit the strut. I don't know what to do now. :(

Front or rear coils?

Did you give them the vin number or by oem part number?

:feedback:

what type Ex do you have? :D

Well, if you come back, please post if you got 2" for both front and rear... I'd call Kevin to see if they fit mine, and if so, I'd like to see if we can't work something out...

I have a 2003 XLS 2wd 4 door. I gave him the part number from the front spring. 1L2C-5310-BD. The new springs are 15% stiffer and two inches taller. All I wanted was to level out the front.

I ordered a 1.5 for the front... let me get my part number (I'll just edit this in a minute). Thanks!

Ford said to look at the sticker on the driver's side door for the spring code - SPR. Below it should match the last two letters BD on the spring you have.

My spring starts with 1L2Z, they said the fourth digit/letter won't allow for a swap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So are you selling or returning them?

I have a 2003 XLS 2wd 4 door. I gave him the part number from the front spring. 1L2C-5310-BD. The new springs are 15% stiffer and two inches taller. All I wanted was to level out the front.

Did the part number match the door code? Either way if they don't fit they don't fit... What's your plan?

Back