Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The lifted vehicle owners can better advise you on that...

How about a 2" in the rear with these?

http://www.airbagit-store.com/product.asp?source=&ID=93390&returnURL=/product_list.asp?id=2105

Link got cut off. Well these were mentioned in another thread. They're 2"-5" spring adjusters...

Other than these springs and the poly spacer, I just don't even know. :cool:

Call outlaw and see what they say also:cool:, if they tell you the spacers don't exist... tell them where they are and the part number. If they recommend airbags, they'll know if it's a good idea. I'm sure someone here can tell you about the airlift.

the suspension for the mountaineer is the same right... these wouldn't prove any problems?

i know lowering the car on stock struts blows them in a matter of months, is there any negative sideaffects anyone can think of in the future with this lift?

we'll soon find out...

the suspension for the mountaineer is the same right... these wouldn't prove any problems?

i know lowering the car on stock struts blows them in a matter of months, is there any negative sideaffects anyone can think of in the future with this lift?

I know zilch about suspensions... but if anything goes wrong, well it was my choice to buy.

From what I gather, I wouldn't think so. It doesn't seem to extend the shock part any, just stronger coils of the same size. :scratch: I think that's right. I suppose it might save some wear in the long run, as it's more support than before. :dunno:

Disclaimer: This statement was made by someone with absolutely no professional experience....whatsoever....not even a little.

dont buy the spring spacer... we installed those on a friend of mine's trooper and they dry rot in about a month... its rediculous... they cant stand the pressure... just imagine how much pressure is on them in a strut... they would probably just dry rot and break apart... haha sorry to shoot down ur link but theyve sold these at pepboys and autozones around here... i tried them once i finally got them in and they just deteriorate like no other... if u can find polyurithane or aluminum spacers, thats the best choice

dont buy the spring spacer... we installed those on a friend of mine's trooper and they dry rot in about a month... its rediculous... they cant stand the pressure... just imagine how much pressure is on them in a strut... they would probably just dry rot and break apart... haha sorry to shoot down ur link but theyve sold these at pepboys and autozones around here... i tried them once i finally got them in and they just deteriorate like no other... if u can find polyurithane or aluminum spacers, thats the best choice

Did you guys put them on the front and rear?

Only a test...

Did you guys put them on the front and rear?

They're just to see how the 1" lift would look. I had those already, so no loss... it's better to try those first than to spend $$$ and not like... if DR likes the 1" lift, then Coilsprings! :D

They're just to see how the 1" lift would look. I had those already, so no loss... it's better to try those first than to spend $$$ and not like... if DR likes the 1" lift, then Coilsprings! :D

yea i know what u mean... 10 dollars vs 160... better bargain... good expiriment haha

It was pretty simple. I just mentioned that I was looking to get some lift springs for my Explorer. They then took over and asked some questions about my Explorer: year, 2 or 4dr, size engine, spring code # off the springs, front or rear or both, if I was adding extra weight to my explorer, and asked if I was just lifting to fit bigger tires. After answering the questions I was put on hold for a short couple minutes and then given a quote and then it was just up to me to say I'll order them right now.

Very Cool... I'll be sure to have the spring codes when calling.

Thanks for the info Rockstar.

I tried these and I couldn't get them to fit. They are alot bigger than they look, and I don't mean in height. They are real wide. Also I didn't like that they are grooved for the spring to sit in on both sides. You can't see that in the pic. Seems like one side should be flat but it's not. I think if you got them to go on somehow they would compromise the stability (possibly pop off while driving?)

Not really, they hang in there... but they are only temps. I wouldn't use them for over 12 months. They don't pop off... I wouldn't use them for anything other than a trial run at how a lift looks. Once that's done, those become table decorations...

Do you know of anyone that has used them on 3rd gen. explorer? I tried something else but I'm gonna post pics of it on my pictures thread. C-ya there!

I'd prefer to see the pic thread... on its way?? I've seen one or two slightly lifted Exs around here... I don't know what they use, but it's appears to be something like a spacer or so.

Springs on the way

I got my new tires/wheels in. Pissed though cuz they sent me chrome lugs when I ordered black. Need to get that resolved.

The great news is coilsprings.com called me today and said my springs are done and they're shipping them out today! They told me 4-6 weeks when I ordered them about a week ago! I was surprised they were done so quick.

Anyways, piece by piece. I think I'm going to wait til I get the springs on before I put on the new wheels.

I got my new tires/wheels in. Pissed though cuz they sent me chrome lugs when I ordered black. Need to get that resolved.

The great news is coilsprings.com called me today and said my springs are done and they're shipping them out today! They told me 4-6 weeks when I ordered them about a week ago! I was surprised they were done so quick.

Anyways, piece by piece. I think I'm going to wait til I get the springs on before I put on the new wheels.

cant wait to see the results... what size lift did u go with? 2.5'' in front?

by the way, if i could send out a vote to make this thread a sticky, it would make it easy to track down and seeing how there r 6 pages, its probably viewed quite a bit

I went with 3". Should be interesting....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

by the way, if i could send out a vote to make this thread a sticky, it would make it easy to track down and seeing how there r 6 pages, its probably viewed quite a bit

I'll do that and change the title of the thread a little.

Back