lift for 94 explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lift for 94 explorer?

I was looking into rear blocks for my truck... and then realized that the explorers' axle's are mounted above the leaf springs... so adding blocks would only lower the ride... (not what i want) so i bought a pair of new shackles (longer than stock).. this is about all i could think of.. (without buying new leaf springs) sooooo... is this my only option??? i want between 2-5 inches for right now... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!! thanks!!!

-joey

You have some options, the easieast is AAL (leaf springs) with the shackles that will give you almost 4 inches. Your other option is a 4" suspension lift, and you other option is a spring over axle conversion. You have have to take into consideration of the front with all of them except a complete 4"susp. lift.

Last edited:

yeah, the front end is not the easiest thing to deal with when lifting.
Make sure you have a good idea of what you are going to do before you start, unless you are getting a complete suspension lift

you could do 2" coil spacers(front) and add-a-leaf(rear) that cost anywhere from $50-$150

or you could get and suspenion lift that will lift your explorer anywhere from 2.5 and up
costing $450 and up

95offroadx said:
or you could get and suspenion lift that will lift your explorer anywhere from 2.5 and up
costing $450 and up

The Skyjacker 2" Lift costs $180. If you added a Body Lift on top of that, you'll have either 4" or 5" lift which will allow 32s or 33s.

Back