• Register Today It's free!

Lift kit suggestion?

Smith22295

Reaction score
City, State
Sarasota, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
hey im new here and im looking for a 2"lift kit for a reasonable price. even an add a leaf kit might do it. anything that would give me a 2"inch lift. if anyone has some ideas it would helpful.

and if im in the wrong place to post this let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

search for torsion twist thatll be youre answer right there. that and warrior shackles in the rear will give you a cheap 2in lift.

so a torsion bar will lift the front and the shackles lift the rear?

cranking on the torsion bars will lift the front 2in leveling out to when you put on the shackles in the rear. people put the shackles on first then step back and look the rear is higher 2in while the front is still sagging. crank on the torsion bars and it will level out. cheapest 2in susp. lift out there :)

so just by turning the bolts on the torsion bar i will get a lift. and ill have to buy the shackles for the rear. how easy is all of that to do?

thanks this really helps a lot. where do you recommend buying the shackles?

Newb question, will this hurt gas mileage badly? And I'm assuming this works with 2nd genexplorers/mountys?

Could always do a Rancho Quicklift...those are suppose to be reasonably priced, and are adjustable, so you could always get more or less lift. That's what I think I'll go with whenever I get a lift for my 05.

Newb question, will this hurt gas mileage badly? And I'm assuming this works with 2nd genexplorers/mountys?

Will not affect gas mileage except for the fact that you're a little bit higher and less aerodynamic. The difference should be negligible.

Back