Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post number 199 has been selected as best answered.

Post deleted.

Start a thread for lowering... This isn't it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats:chug:

I don't suppose you took photos of the process of installing the kit?

Thanks... The photo taken during the process of installing the set of rims. The installation only takes 2 hours with alignment.

It is not a fleet vehicle, but I preferred 18 inch alloys because I wanted to take it off road, and I found it in one dealers lot so bought that :thumbsup:, The dealer told me 20 is standard but he ordered this one along with some other customers request because he thought it will have some demand. :salute:

Well then. that`s kind of self explanatory. The dealer did that. They don`t normally come that way.:dunno:

Does anyone have installed the lift kit meanwhile?
I´m close to my next trip to the US and definetly consider taking of of these kits back home to my Explorer.

Any new experiences so far?

Klaus

Does anyone have installed the lift kit meanwhile?
I´m close to my next trip to the US and definetly consider taking of of these kits back home to my Explorer.

Any new experiences so far?

Klaus

By taking one of these kits home are you referring to taking on the plane with you? If so I wouldn't want to see those baggage fees.

they didn´t mention the weight so you may be right. But as long as it´s not more than 40lbs it should work. I usually take Eco to the US and Business back. Right now I´m here in Sebring/FL and I´m not sure yet if I buy.

Klaus

Great find i'm ordering a lift kit today! Every bit helps when towing in the snow. I already run 70R tires on my Limited in winter.

Chicago police has got a lot of Explorers

Dre. No kidding. The Police versions have bigger vented rotors, Calipers, Body venting to the Brakes, 18" steel wheels, Skidplate that allows circulation, strengthened unibody mounts and Pursuit AWD computer flash.

If i didn't just buy 17" General Altimax Arctic LT245/70R17 this winter Id have already jumped on the Big brake kit because i tow all winter....gonna have to wait now.

Car is in the shop with broken AWD and i'm trying to convince them to flash my computer with the Police version. 150MPH speed Limited vs 120MPH and pursuit AWD....not that i would ever use it... Cough Cough

that's what I'm hoping - gotta hang in there.

lift kit

Traxda now offers a front and rear lift kit for the 2011-2013 explorers thought you would all want to know if your looking to lift Traxda.com check it out

I must be one of the few that can't see the new body style lifted ?????

I must be one of the few that can't see the new body style lifted ?????

i have a 2006 explorer but i was just letting everyone know that they do offer a lift for 2011-2013
My Rig
snow_zps4a59aeb9.jpg

i have a 2006 explorer but i was just letting everyone know that they do offer a lift for 2011-2013
My Rig
ex_zps4f26c978.jpg
snow_zps4a59aeb9.jpg
I hope you didn't think I was bashing you for the thread . I was just saying the older body styles are easier to picture with a lift :thumbsup:

ex_zps4f26c978.jpg

oh not at all i mean i can't see it either i personally like the style of mine and the 3rd gen but i can't see the 5th gen being lifted

glad we are on the same page !

They look hideous lifted IMO. Not to mention no FWD based model should ever be. It's pointless...

Has anyone tried this kit yet? How is it working out for you? Any pictures?

I know this is an old thread, but there is now a small lift kit available for the 2011 - 2014 Explorers.

From their website:

2011-2013 Ford Explorer 4x2/4x4

This Traxda 102040 front and rear lift kit gives the owner of the 2011-2013 Ford Explorer (all 2wd and 4wd models) what they really want - room for bigger tires!

The lift kit raises the front 2.25" and the rear 1.25".

All of our kits are a direct bolt in and require no modifications to your vehicle. These kits retain the stock ride quality of your truck.

Every Traxda leveling kit is Made in the USA with USA Mill Certified Steel and laser cut to precision tolerances using OEM drawings

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here not yet. I´m back in Germany but the lifting kit is still in Florida. It arrived too late for me to take it back. But I will pick it up later this month when I´m there again.

Klaus

Back