Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post number 199 has been selected as best answered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is there any high angle joint for the 5th gen ford explorer?

Hi guys, i am new at the forum. I own a 2013 explorer xlt aws and intersted to. Instal the traxda lift kit 2.25 front and 1.5.
rear. Any advice? I am concerned about CVinner joint angle?

I haven't had any issues with my axles or alignment. Had the kit on for almost 4 years now. running 265/70r75 nitto trail grapplers.

I did the Traxda. I had a little rumble from the cv until I installed the camber bolt on the lower strut mount and aligned it then it smoothed out. Just one camber bolt is needed for the top bolt on the lower mount. I dialed it in before taking it to Les S... as there’s no charge if they don’t have to adjust it.

where did you get the camber bolt?

I'm looking at leveling my 2013 PIU as I don't really like the nose down stand on it... and I'm looking for opinion from people that done it already - I can either go with simple .25" plates or go with 1.25" spacers out front, nothing going in the back. Would 1.25" be too much just to level it up?

Last edited:

^^ You will likely have to re aim the headlights after the leveling.

Peter

^^ You will likely have to re aim the headlights after the leveling.

Peter
That's no problem, looking for suggestions as far as which way to go... have anyone tried the .25" plates?

I got the truxxx 3" lift. Im getting it put on at a mechanic and they will align it after completion.
I am expecting no complications.

Welcome to the Forum Blake.:wave:

Peter

Hello all. Just wanted to give an update for those inquiring minds regarding the Truxxx leveling kit. I am currently running the Truxxx model 102015 on My 2015 Limited. This model is complete for the front and rear; however, I only installed the front end due to being satisfied with the results of eliminating the rake. I have no rubbing whatsoever on any turns even with a larger wheel and tire setup.

Wheels: 22" Verde Axis, satin black
Tires: 285/40R22 110V

Side note: I did have to shave about 1/8" to 1/4" of an inch off the strut mount threads in order for the spacer to seat properly on top of the strut mount.

Hello all. Just wanted to give an update for those inquiring minds regarding the Truxxx leveling kit. I am currently running the Truxxx model 102015 on My 2015 Limited. This model is complete for the front and rear; however, I only installed the front end due to being satisfied with the results of eliminating the rake. I have no rubbing whatsoever on any turns even with a larger wheel and tire setup.

Wheels: 22" Verde Axis, satin black
Tires: 285/40R22 110V

Side note: I did have to shave about 1/8" to 1/4" of an inch off the strut mount threads in order for the spacer to seat properly on top of the strut mount.
I got the Truxxx 3" for my 2012 and also some 20s with 265/55/20 tires waiting to put on. I am going to get that done this weekend or next. I cant wait!

I got the Truxxx 3" for my 2012 and also some 20s with 265/55/20 tires waiting to put on. I am going to get that done this weekend or next. I cant wait!
Was thinking of getting the same, hows it running? Everything still good?

Has anyone seem the 3” kit by truxxx? Need some professional help and opinions!! I am not a mechanic nor knowledgeable in this field. Would 3” be a bad decision long term, ive seen people talk about the 2.25 lift a lot. but i want to go a little higher and want to know the risks. Please help!!!

Has anyone seem the 3” kit by truxxx? Need some professional help and opinions!! I am not a mechanic nor knowledgeable in this field. Would 3” be a bad decision long term, ive seen people talk about the 2.25 lift a lot. but i want to go a little higher and want to know the risks. Please help!!!
Welcome to the Forum Marcus. :wave:
One potential risk is voiding the powertrain warranty if the reason for a failed part is contributed to the lift.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Marcus. :wave:
One potential risk is voiding the powertrain warranty if the reason for a failed part is contributed to the lift.

Peter

peter thanks for the welcome. Can the warranty be voided based on having a lift kit? Or due to the raise level?

peter thanks for the welcome. Can the warranty be voided based on having a lift kit? Or due to the raise level?

I think by voiding the warranty means that they would need to prove that the part you are installing cause the problem. At least that is how I understood it. If they proved it was the part you installed, then you would be voiding.

However, In my experience you should be fine.. I dont have the 3 inch kit but the Traxda kit and I have had zero issues. Though your camber bolts will be maxed out and may want to consider longer bolts if you go with the 3 inch kit.

If you install something that alters ride height, you had better believe they will blame ANY suspension issue on this and deny any claims that they can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one.
I'm surprised that the dealer actually did this install as it could potentially affect the Powertrain warranty. If the cause of a failed item is traced to this modification then it would not be covered under the warranty.
Also, the tires sizes you mentioned are NOT recommended. The general rule of thumb is that a replacement tire should not exceed a nominal maximum diameter variance difference of 3% when compared to the OEM size. If you have the OEM 245/60R18 tires than the 275 and 285 you mentioned would have a nominal difference of 12% and 13% respectively. If your speedo read 80 kph your actual speed would be 89.2 kph.
The extra weight of the wheels would negatively affect the Traction Control and ABS and also affect the brakes and suspension systems.

Peter

Back