Lift on a 2002 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift on a 2002 Explorer

If you want the lift to fit larger tires and go offroading, I say go for it. If you're doing it for looks, it's probably not worth it; unless you're crazy about that sort of thing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I come from a wealthy family money isnt that big of a deal, im 16 and i enjoy makin my **** look awsome. I but i also go offroading some times and enjoy it when i do it.

honestly dude, youve already got way too nice of a truck for a 16 year old, give that extra money to someone who could use it, i know there are a lot of needy people in LA, specially after that hurricane

Hey man just cuz i come from a wealthy family doesnt mean you know anything about me or my family....for your info my family donates more then enough money to many of places in this city. So dont give me anything about give it away.

It would not be worth it to lift a 3rd gen 4dr explorer. Even if you do wheel it, its gonna suck out on the trails. That thing isnt gonna have any flex.

DR J,
If money isn't an issue I'd take it to a reputable body or offroad shop and have them fab you up a nice body lift.

if money isn't an issue buy a better truck! my preference would be a range rover

Originally posted by expo5.0
if money isn't an issue buy a better truck! my preference would be a range rover

Ditto... If money is not an option buy something (almost anything) other than a third gen Explorer. They are tall station wagons, that is it. Would it be cool to see one on the trail... yes, but seeing something "cool" and effective/capable would be nicer. JMO

Just my 2 cents: Dr J, I own a 2002 XLS and know for a fact that you cannot do a suspension lift on your Explorer. The only way you could do this (would cost some bucks) is to completely strip the suspension out from under this thing and through alot of modifications, stick some solid axles under it. The only other option would be a body lift, but in my opinion, why mess up a good SUV? If you want something that is lifted look into another brand!

Originally posted by DR J
Do yall think it is worth me trying to get a lift on my exploerer, is it worth all this time and money that ill have to put into it, will it look tight or should i not worry about it? I guess this is my big question.

It's not worth it.

What you should do is go out buy a jeep, zuki, or early bronco, build it up, buy a trailer, and use your sweet explorer to tow it around.

Jason, i like your idea but the thing is i want somthing no one else has. And my mom already has a range rover and yeah its damn good off-road but o just done like it.

Originally posted by DR J
Jason, i like your idea but the thing is i want somthing no one else has. And my mom already has a range rover and yeah its damn good off-road but o just done like it.

Cool. Well in that case buy a second gen explorer sport, put a 5.0 V8 in it and put a straight axle underneath the front. You would have baddest machine around.

That way you can still have a nice daily driver with your '02, and can tow the trail-rig sport.

lifts

I have looked at getting a lift for my 2002 explorer and everyone i talked to said since its an independit rear end, they dont make them for liability and safety reason. I dont know about the body lift though. Let me know if u find anybody that does do lifts with out changing the rear end.

Back