Liftgate weatherstrip? Where to get it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Liftgate weatherstrip? Where to get it?

Robert Travelstead

Reaction score
City, State
Bridge City
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Sport
I bought a 94 Explorer sport 4x4 5 speed is great shape. Have been slowly going through it. I'm trying to find the weatherstripping for the lift-gate. I can find every other imaginable rubber part except for this part. I really really need it as I've already thrown away the one that was on the vehicle. Now I have nothing...

Anyone that can help?

Thanks!
Rob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best bet is to find a good one off a junkyard Explorer.

Some things they just don't make anymore that they should for a vehicle with over 2 million examples made.

try steele rubber products
roscoe

what years would work? I know 91-94 are similar, but would something off a newer model work?

Up to 97 should work. 98 is when they changed the lift gate design, but as long as it fits it doesn't really matter

The rear hatch weatherstrip is highlighted in this diagram, however it is not listed. You might try calling the phone number to see if they have it here. They sometimes have items not listed in the catalog.

Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

There is a company called softseal. They make all kinds of weather seal extrusions. I would imagine they may have the style, or at least something similar to what goes on the explorer. You will just need to measure the length. There really isn't anything special about that seal. As long as the pinch seam in the body didn't change, any seal from a 91-01 should work.

Back