Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Lifting 06 Explorer

Discussion in 'Modified 2006 - 2010 Explorers' started by nfntruth, July 5, 2007.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. nfntruth

nfntruth New Member

City, State:
    Livin in San Diego, raised in Missouri/Ohio
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    06 XLT 4WD, V8
    I searched the forum, and could only find one reference. What are the biggest tires anyone has squeezed under their 06+ Explorer? Offroad Warehouse here in San Diego says they can squeeze 265/75s under it without a suspension mod, thats a 32" diameter tire. I am just wondering if anyone else has bigger or a lesson learned. As far as voiding the warranty, I talked to my dealer today, they said unless it directly affects the specific component, it will not void the warranty and they would have to prove that its the cause. I wish they would make a lift kit for 06+...but I doubt its in the cards.:exp:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
  3. tenacioush

tenacioush Member

City, State:
    corpus christi texas
    06 E.B. 4.6L 4x2
    Welcome to my world, bro. Ive been looking for the answers to those questions with little avail for a while,, but heres what I've learned so far.

The Ex cant be lifted, but I have heard rumors that a 2" bodylift would be possible, and stock, I'm told by a few different sources that 33" will fit. I'm about to get some 32 or 33" Revos. so I'll let everyone know how everything goes depending on what I end up going with.

4. nfntruth

nfntruth New Member

City, State:
    06 XLT 4WD, V8
    Definitely post some pics when you get it done, I am looking to finish sometime in middle of August or so. I will definitely put some pics up as well. There was a pic on EBAY for awhile of a silver one that looked lifted, it was one of the ads for the billet grill. It definitely didnt look stock. Wonder if they did some custom work?

5. tenacioush

tenacioush Member

City, State:
    corpus christi texas
    06 E.B. 4.6L 4x2
    most likely custom or modified a set. either way, Im pretty sure its going to take some fabricating... Ill for sure post pics and a review of the tires as well, cause its taking some debating for me between the BFGs and the Revos.

6. nfntruth

nfntruth New Member

City, State:
    06 XLT 4WD, V8
    Tire size

I have a friend who is selling a set of Goodyear Wrangler MTs off of his F150 FX4 that have about 5K miles on them, he can't stand the road noise, which is somtehing I can deal with. I was with him in Guam when he bought them. He wants 500 with the rims, which are the stock aluminum rims. Figure I can recycle those for at least 40 bucks a piece. Problem is thats a 33" tire, will it fit? Its a helluva deal.
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT67880.aspx

7. tenacioush

tenacioush Member

City, State:
    corpus christi texas
    06 E.B. 4.6L 4x2
    i dunno those are some beefy ass tires.... put one of them on to try it out first jsut to be sure

8. WWasem

WWasem Active Member

City, State:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    '07 Explorer EB '01 Sport
  9. FROADER

FROADER Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Huntington Beach, CA