Lighted step ladders? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lighted step ladders?

Reaction score
City, State
Bonita Springs, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT, V6 OHV
Hi, I've searched everywhere and I can't seem to find any info on the Eddie Bauer step ladders with the lights built in. Does anyone know what would be involved in installing some on my XLT? Is the wiring already there or do I have to do it myself? I currently have the mirrors w/ the lights that turn on and I would like some step ladders to go with them. Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do your running boards have the lens for the light?

That seems like a really expensive way to add 4 incandescent lights. I'd think about finding acceptable looking enclosures to DIY mount LEDs instead then with them using so little power it shouldn't be a problem to just run a wire up to the wires powering the mirror courtesy lights.

You could even carve the shape into a wood form, make it out of fiberglass with polycarbonate lenses and paint to match the running boards, or just use ready made waterproof LED strip lights.

I was gonna take some ladders off an ex at the junkyard. I like the look of the Eddie Bauer ladders since the lights are already built in. That way I would just have to bolt the ladders in but I'm not sure if there's a harness already there to plug them in or not.

Back