Lighting issues in my 07 Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lighting issues in my 07 Sport Trac

siouxjuju

Reaction score
City, State
Wagner, South Dakota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
I so love my Sport Trac! I have had it for over 5 years now and just now do I have an issue.
I have totally lost the display light of the stereo-I can't see the time and station at all, although the rest of the buttons are lit and working. Also I have lost the light on my gear shift!

I get from reading that my gear shift is probably a bulb but the dealership is telling me that I need to replace the stereo and I'm looking at $500?

Any ideas?

You can contact www.oemcaraudio.com and get info and/or a repair quote about your radio. I sent in my 6 cd changer/mp3 am/fm radio to be repaired for less than $200. As for your shifter light, there's a thread just below yours giving detailed instructions on how to replace the shifter light.

Mine is out as well, seems to be a common issue with these units. The display comes in and out, seems to come back when it's particularily cold outside...not sure why. I'm going to be throwing an aftermarket deck in there, so when I do, I'll try and do a teardown of the unit to see if it can be repaired without sending it off some place.

Back