Lighting - What I am thinking | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lighting - What I am thinking

Here is what I was thinking of doing. These lights are the right size, and the price is right. They only come with a 55W bulb, but that would be easy to change out to 100W or so. they are explorer pro-comp, and I was just wondering what you guys think?

Attachments

• mvc-002f.jpg
    mvc-002f.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 449

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would do FSSF, since you want the fluted to light in front of you and to the outside of the vehicle, where the spot it shouldn't really matter because the lights are heading way down the road...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

by the way, here is my roof lights on my F-150... they go fog, driving, driving, driving, fog. That would be comparable to FSSSF.
rooflights.jpg

excellent, one last question matt, i assume you just drilled through your grille guard to get those 4 lights on it

yup, just drilled four holes. That is when I had that brushguard and when I had the four lights on it... since then I put on a fabtech bumper and I now have two 8" lights on it rather then 4 6" lights.
This is how it looked...
aftersmr1.jpg

Then for a while it looked like this...
front1.jpg
(its hard to tell but those are 9.75" lightforce lights on there)

Then the brushguard got totalled and I replaced with this:
f150-3.jpg

Well I think that Mr. Adams stole the show...

I have 2 Pro Comp Stainless on the bumper, both fluted. Though lately I have been running 1 fluted and 1 spot for comparison. The fluted is cool as it is like a flat beam of light ----------------- which is nice for perriffereal (?). I have 2 100+ watt KC's for the top that I have yet to mount.

LOOK OUT MATT!!LOL I'm just gonna Hodge Podge a bunch of lights. Then Matt and I can have a Light Off!! hahhaha.....Since we're almost neighbors and all...LOL

Matt, Did you get tired of the light forces?? what was the story on those

Ryan

Ryan, story was the brushguard got totalled and I just thought they were too big and I wasn't that impressed with the light they put out for the size of them... they were bulletproof but other then that, wasn't horribly impressed. Back to good ol PIAA now :).

matt, thanks for your advice, i just bought the 4 lights and the heavy duty switch/relay... ill get pictures up as soon as i can

You've got more money in lights than most people have in lifts!;)

taxxman, negatory... all lights are sponsored items.

Originally posted by mattadams
taxxman, negatory... all lights are sponsored items.

Nice!

Anybody know the best place to get some replacement bulbs for these? I want to run like 100W bulbs. Do autoparts stores sell generic replacement bulbs that will work?

They are probably just H3 bulbs, but upgrading wattage can be dangerous... if you get a good enough relay it should be no problem at all though...

I understand Power, Amperage and such. I just want to see what I can find bulb wise before I run my wiring and relay, so I know what I need for that stuff. These lights don't come with that. You have to buy it seperate and their kits kind of suck so I will do it myself. But I hear ya! I am pretty good with electronics (one of my specialties:D ), so you think I can find those at an autoparts store? I'll have to take one bulb out and go shopping!

if its an H3, you should be able to find it most anywhere, thats a pretty common bulb for lots of different kinds of lights. That's what most of my PIAA's use.

Matt, when you say you are sponsored, do you just get a huge discount or do they just hand them out to you

Ryan

that is top secret :).

I kinda figured that. I need to get sponsored by hella, Ive always love the ralley lights

Ryan

Nice lights Matt. How do you keep people from 'borrowing' them? Your truck looks like a Piaa store with no walls.

Back