1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Listening to texts via sync

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by greeman, August 28, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. greeman

greeman New Member

City, State:
    Tennessee
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2020 Explorer Platinum
    I'm not sure if this is something new or it just started. I have a 2015 Explorer paired with a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Lately, I thought I had lost the ability to listen to text messages (the pop up that asked if you wanted to hear it was not appearing). Today I was re-pairing my phone and testing the operation. I learned that I could now listen to a text if it was delivered to me only. If it was a group text that I was included in, I still did not get the pop up to listen to it. My question is...... Is this normal operation? Or do I still have a problem? I would think that I would be able to listen in either circumstance?

Last edited: August 28, 2019
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Flying68

Flying68 Active Member

City, State:
    Wichita, KS
    Ex Ownr 12 Explr Lmtd AWD
    I think it is normal as multi-recipient messages are sent as mms and not SMS. Happens to me also. Not sure if it used to handle them or not, but 3.10 doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. greeman

greeman New Member

City, State:
    Tennessee
    2020 Explorer Platinum
    Interesting........ I checked my software version and it shows 4.32.14073.

5. Flying68

Flying68 Active Member

City, State:
    Wichita, KS
    Ex Ownr 12 Explr Lmtd AWD
    That is an older version. When they went to v3.8 the software version that is displayed was changed from 4.xx.xxxxx to 3.XX.xxxxx where XX matches the title version, ie 3.10 has a software version of 3.10.xxxxx, 3.8 has 3.08.xxxxx.

You need to register with Ford owner, add your VIN and check for a sync update to download and install.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. greeman

greeman New Member

City, State:
    Tennessee
    2020 Explorer Platinum
    Thanks Flying68 I had wondered about the software versions, and where I stood. I was confused why everyone was talking about 3.10 and I had 4.32, now it makes sense. I have updating to do.