• Register Today It's free!

Listening to texts via sync

greeman

Reaction score
City, State
Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
I'm not sure if this is something new or it just started. I have a 2015 Explorer paired with a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Lately, I thought I had lost the ability to listen to text messages (the pop up that asked if you wanted to hear it was not appearing). Today I was re-pairing my phone and testing the operation. I learned that I could now listen to a text if it was delivered to me only. If it was a group text that I was included in, I still did not get the pop up to listen to it. My question is...... Is this normal operation? Or do I still have a problem? I would think that I would be able to listen in either circumstance?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure if this is something new or it just started. I have a 2015 Explorer paired with a Samsung Galaxy S10e. Lately, I thought I had lost the ability to listen to text messages (the pop up that asked if you wanted to hear it was not appearing). Today I was re-pairing my phone and testing the operation. I learned that I could now listen to a text if it was delivered to me only. If it was a group text that I was included in, I still did not get the pop up to listen to it. My question is...... Is this normal operation? Or do I still have a problem? I would think that I would be able to listen in either circumstance?
I think it is normal as multi-recipient messages are sent as mms and not SMS. Happens to me also. Not sure if it used to handle them or not, but 3.10 doesn't.

Interesting........ I checked my software version and it shows 4.32.14073.

Interesting........ I checked my software version and it shows 4.32.14073.
That is an older version. When they went to v3.8 the software version that is displayed was changed from 4.xx.xxxxx to 3.XX.xxxxx where XX matches the title version, ie 3.10 has a software version of 3.10.xxxxx, 3.8 has 3.08.xxxxx.

You need to register with Ford owner, add your VIN and check for a sync update to download and install.

Thanks Flying68 I had wondered about the software versions, and where I stood. I was confused why everyone was talking about 3.10 and I had 4.32, now it makes sense. I have updating to do.

Back