Live traffic is messed up since MFT update to v3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Live traffic is messed up since MFT update to v3

GregV8

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I use live traffic every day, all the time. It is as essential to my commute as the car itself. It used to be pretty good, until now.

What's going on here?

Look at the two screenshots, I took them at the same time:
LEFT is the MFT screen
RIGHT is my favorite traffic app on my iPhone

What seems to be happening, is that MFT mirrors bad traffic in the other direction. Look at how traffic situation is symmetrical on the Ford system.
This is of course BS, but tricked me several times and had me take longer routes because I thought I was headed for a traffic jam.

My iPhone screen shows reality.

Is this a bug?

e5qzq0.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting....ill have to check mine and see if mine does the same.....

Side note: that's not too far from where i grew up before moving to Houston....we lived on 164th place off of Gothals ave.

I was never impressed with the traffic map when I had it free. I don't live in a large city, but usually when it showed red or yellow, there was hardly any traffic on the road. I assume that it would work better in larger cities.

yea.. thats not cool.. why do i feel like that is an issue with sirius....

I too am wondering if this is a Sirius issue?

My traffic appears to be correct on a mostly regular basis, but I think the rerouting on the new maps is not as good as it was in 2.4/2.8 .... in both of those versions if there was traffic it used to instantly take me to a back road. Now it seems to let me sit through traffic unless it's over like 10 miles of it... I could be imagining things, but it just doesn't seem as efficient at routing as the older versions were.

Back