LMC Truck question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LMC Truck question.

Reaction score
City, State
Bonita Springs, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT, V6 OHV
I've been searching for new leaf springs for a while now, I'm thinking about ordering new leaf springs from LMC because they're only $99 each unlike the $200+ price in most other places but wanted to know if you guys have any experience with them. Customer service told me they were brand new and built to the original manufacturer's specifications. They are 4 leaf just like the ones on my truck now and I was assured by the rep that they would fit the same as Ford's springs. Just wondering if it matters that my Explorer has code "FF" for the leaf springs and if LMC's will work and how reliable the company itself is. Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I personally have had nothing but GOOD dealings with LMC in the past. I don't know about your springs, but any parts I have ordered from then have been spot on. But, let me ask you, why don't you go to a local spring shop and have them give you a quote. They can most likely either build what you need, or rearch your present springs. Or, maybe I am so out of touch, that there are no spring shops around anymore.

No, they're around- that's what I did with Snowball, and it was much more reasonable, and I got better stuff. Try local first! :thumbsup:

I personally have had nothing but GOOD dealings with LMC in the past. I don't know about your springs, but any parts I have ordered from then have been spot on. But, let me ask you, why don't you go to a local spring shop and have them give you a quote. They can most likely either build what you need, or rearch your present springs. Or, maybe I am so out of touch, that there are no spring shops around anymore.

There's one in the next town from me if I'm correct, but I'm not even sure what kind of services they offer, I'll head over there tomorrow. But I wanted some opinions on LMC and how good they are.

In my searches I've found that some people have had problems with the LMC springs sagging quickly but I'm not sure if those where isolated incidents or not.

No, they're around- that's what I did with Snowball, and it was much more reasonable, and I got better stuff. Try local first! :thumbsup:

Well I found a place that rearches the pair for $80. Sorry if this is a noob question but how likely is it that my springs can simply "break" when being rearched? They're old but the vehicle has never been used for towing and has been in FL its whole life. The sagging has pretty much been caused by the Explorer's own weight. Thanks.

Back