Lobster Ravioli......recycled....... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lobster Ravioli......recycled.......

It was not a good night last night. I have a beautifulbrand new 2013 Limited Explorer only 6 weeks old. Well, our 9 year old barfed lobster (with shrimp & crab) ravioli alllllll over the back seat last night. While I am very thankful for the leather seats this does not help the floor carpet, the stitching, the seat belt mechanisim, all the nooks and crannies...it was voluminous amount to say the least. So, hubby and I scooped and cleaned as best we could, left the windows down in the garage over night.

So, the question is, does anyone here have good suggestions about odor control? I fear I have prematurely lost my beloved new car smell but I am unwilling to give that up to barf smell. I am quite content with heavy duty cleaner odor. Thoughts????

(and yes, I did cry last night about this.....I LOVE my car and the new car smell :( )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Leave the smell and save the truck for the his/her 16th birthday!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like to use carpet resolve, It should take all the smell out of your carpet, but you do need to scrub it. Scrub then using a wet/dry vac. It will make your truck smell clean. I once had a van, years ago, bought some shrimp on the way home from work, the ice chest flipped over, I had that shrimpy ice water all over the carpet. Well as you can imagine, after a few days, smelled awful. I pulled all the seats out of the van, sprayed Carpet Resolved scrubbed and vacuumed. Never had that offensive smell again.

Not really Explorer related but...
I was once shooting touch and go's at FUL (Fullerton Municipal) and right at rotating back up, the back seat ride along ralphed all over the rear. Nasty. Had to do a full go around while he was still heaving. Fortunately it was a rental and a couple of line boys helped clean it up. Never requested that particular 182 again.
Chef Duane
Plano, TX.

I love how this thread keeps getting revived, just like the kids dinner ;)

Of all of the products mentioned above, not one can put a dent in the mother in law smell in my car. Next new car she rides on the roof rack, or even better dragged with the tow hitch.

Back