Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go?

I've had Ford's my whole life. Lots of them. I really don't want to walk away on this one at all, though it's been the single biggest pain in my ass in recent memory.

The list of things that I'd rather do than deal with this is limitless.

Ironic that I bought a Limited?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had Ford's my whole life. Lots of them. I really don't want to walk away on this one at all, though it's been the single biggest pain in my ass in recent memory.

The list of things that I'd rather do than deal with this is limitless.

Ironic that I bought a Limited?

Just wondering, did you lease or buy?

Buy. Lots down.

I drive too many miles to lease.

Buy. Lots down.

I drive too many miles to lease.

Loganfilm, I hope a new APIM does the trick. Keep us posted. Also, it might be interesting (and might be a motivating black eye to Ford) to see a video of your issues.

You might also consider telling the dealer to keep the car until they can guarantee its fixed (with you driving their loaner of course). Let them deal with ordering parts and figuring it out. You don't need to be taking your car back and forth to the dealer and dealing with that aggravation. It's not your job to test their fixes for them....

Thanks again to Cory for assisting.

Keep us posted!

Loganfilm, I’m glad the APIM will be replaced. I checked and found you’ll be called on Monday to discuss this further.

donm527, I appreciate your feedback. I know it’s listened to very closely.

MikeFreas, SYNC Engineering will be coming out with a MFT update soon. I'll keep you posted when I hear new information.

TennesseeTider, your concerns have been escalated and we want to make this right. Please message if you’d like me to relay any information.

CapnMorganXX, I know that our SYNC Engineering team is working hard to make SYNC AppLink available for all vehicles. I’ll post future updates here.

jrmexplorer, you're welcome; I appreciate the thanks. I’ll keep you posted.

Cory

Loganfilm, I’m glad the APIM will be replaced. I checked and found you’ll be called on Monday to discuss this further.

donm527, I appreciate your feedback. I know it’s listened to very closely.

MikeFreas, SYNC Engineering will be coming out with a MFT update soon. I'll keep you posted when I hear new information.

TennesseeTider, your concerns have been escalated and we want to make this right. Please message if you’d like me to relay any information.

CapnMorganXX, I know that our SYNC Engineering team is working hard to make SYNC AppLink available for all vehicles. I’ll post future updates here.

jrmexplorer, you're welcome; I appreciate the thanks. I’ll keep you posted.

Cory

This forum = job security!

Thanks Cory! And I think it is because of your involvement that I have a loaner car while mine is in for work- the last time I took it in it was shuttle van only. While a Focus can't do the work that I need to do with my Explorer, at least I am mobile.

Awesome... More "discussion"?

I'd prefer "results", but I only bought the most expensive limited 4wd with every option.

Sorry, Cory. I just want this over with. I know you're doing your best and I appreciate it.

I cannot use my new car that I waited FOUR months to be delivered until this is resolved.

Fixed car = I shut up.

RandyH2, you’re welcome. Please don’t hesitate to message me if you’d like any more help.

Loganfilm, I can see why you’d just like to get the issues repaired and I’ll do everything I can to have that happen as soon as possible.

Cory

I'm still driving this thing and got hot air blasting and a blank screen again today.

Car is now sitting with the hood up and battery disconnected in a convenience store parking lot while I get a soda and hope it will work again when I reconnect it.

This sucks major ass.

Really looking forward to my exciting call and discussion on Monday.

Good times.

Any chance we could skip the calls and discussion and get the APIM overnighted to my dealer???

I HATE THIS CAR.

Other people seem to get APIMs right away, I wonder if adding all these different layers of involvement isn't just making things take longer by adding layers and confusion to the issue along with unnecessary drama.

Your dealer should be able to handle it and get one locally, especially in a major metropolitan area like LA.

You would think so, but after reconnecting and rebooting, I just went to the dealer...again. They tell me it's been ordered, but there is no way to track it?? I'm "in line" for one and they are slow to come because so many need them. None available in Los Angeles. Crazy. Said last one took a week to get.

I got the heat to stop blowing and even got a vehicle health report to send, which took about 25 mins. Nav still black screen with tabs around perimeter showing till I got home. Then, as I pulled in, it showed itself in the position of the convenience store about 4 miles away where I pulled the power and cooled off (car and driver).

I think I'll ride my motorcycle this weekend.

I'm even leery to fill the tank in my Ex now because I feel like I'm wasting money.

You would think so, but after reconnecting and rebooting, I just went to the dealer...again. They tell me it's been ordered, but there is no way to track it?? I'm "in line" for one and they are slow to come because so many need them. None available in Los Angeles. Crazy. Said last one took a week to get.

I got the heat to stop blowing and even got a vehicle health report to send, which took about 25 mins. Nav still black screen with tabs around perimeter showing till I got home. Then, as I pulled in, it showed itself in the position of the convenience store about 4 miles away where I pulled the power and cooled off (car and driver).

I think I'll ride my motorcycle this weekend.

I'm even leery to fill the tank in my Ex now because I feel like I'm wasting money.

Just reading this is making me go CRAZY. I guess that if I get into this position I'll just keep the loaner until they fix it. If it takes them 3 weeks, they're eating the rental fees for that long with no skin off of my back.

This sounds like crap service and I'm throwing a brown flag. This is all red tape. If it was someone that had juice someone high up enough would get the call and the part would be overnighted. It's not like they're literally waiting on a fabrication plant to make one so that they can ship it.

This is crazy. Because of you and your problem I went to read on the Texas Lemon Law. Dealer and Manufacturer has 4 chances in 2 years or 24,000 miles to fix the same problem. If they can't/won't, then you can file Lemon application.

I don't know what it is in Cali though.

Any chance we could skip the calls and discussion and get the APIM overnighted to my dealer???

I HATE THIS CAR.

Hire an attorney and get a different Explorer.

Enough is enough! It's not easy but every manufacture has a department that deals with taking back vehicles. It happens.

Did you lease or buy?

"Did you lease or buy? "

He bought.

Loganfilm, I feel for you man. I have annoyances with mine (I had to do another Master Reset this week) but nothing like what you're going through. Are there cliffs in Los Angeles? Be a shame if a 2011 Explorer rolled off of one.

It seems painfully obvious that most Ford service departments simply aren't equipped to troubleshoot and service these systems.

Yeah. I doubt I'll own this one long term.

This car has deep citrus undertones coming from its nether reaches....

It's absolute crap.

Sadly, I was all set to upgrade the hell out of the sound system and I have a guy standing by to powder coat the rims. Not happening....

I was also looking into a turbo kit and other things. I think this is obviously why nobody is doing aftermarket parts for this car yet. Nobody in their right mind would put money into this car and potentially risk warranty problems.

Sucks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had some funny conversations with the Ford rep about this. When he suggested that they were taking on a $2000 fix for something that they weren't sure was broken (Ok, then what?) I countered with "how much does it cost for all of the lost sales and how much does it cost if you have to buy mine back??.

Here's a letter from a friend (edited for privacy).

Hello Scott,

I hope this message helps your cause, feel free to forward to the Ford folks you are dealing with.

I have been a Ford fan for a long time. Having owned Mercury Sable in the past I was looking forward to the Ford My Touch to become available. I looked at them at the 2010 LA Car show las and have visited several Ford dealers in anticipation of an Edge becoming available with the My Touch system. Recently I visited Santa Monica Ford and spent at least 45 minutes with the "My Touch" trainer... it all seemed like a good thing. As you, I live in my car and visit numerous destinations in one day, the whole technology bundled with the iPhone app was enticing.

That's about as far as it went. After reading the many negative reviews in periodicals such as Consumer Reports, The New York Times and may other respected publications, now topped with your situation of the unacceptable service Ford is providing you with I will not purchasing a Ford. The My touch system is obviously flawed, poorly designed, most likely because of it's Microsoft interface and rushed on the market way too early without proper testing.

The fact that your car was kept for 11 days total and returned to you in non working condition is reason enough to stay away from Ford products. The fact that your vehicle was not checked and double checked during the 11 day period is just simply not good business.

My advice to all: go Japanese, their technology works, it's less cumbersome and the service is impeccable.

Scott I think you should check out a Lexus.

Good luck!

Back