Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Loganfilm - How did the appointment with the Ford Tech go?

My intent is to publicly detail the entire process I'm going through. I am purposely not sending any more private messages to customer service. I think this warrants full public knowledge of what you could be in for with this vehicle.

I'm annoyed beyond belief with this new explorer.

I am not shy and I will tell anyone within reach of the web that they should avoid it like the plague.

Every day that I have to stew over this is another day that I will surely thwart sales. I sold my Ford stock awhile back, in anticipation of a big downturn because of customer satisfaction and what I've been going through. This new Explorer is absolute crap. They clearly rushed it to marked without full testing and they are now paying the price. Or, rather... WE'RE paying the price.

I'm infuriated over this, if that's not sorely obvious.

Overnighting parts sounds kinda cheap now, doesn't it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would be really curious to find out exactly what the quality control testing procedure at the factory entails. Do they actually test these things? I have a hard time believing they do. I think they test underwear more stringent than they do Ford Explorers.. At least there is a tag in my boxers that says inpector 12 looked at them...

Who looked at my $50,000 explorer???

Hire an attorney and get a different Explorer.

Enough is enough! It's not easy but every manufacture has a department that deals with taking back vehicles. It happens.

Did you lease or buy?

I hate attorneys slightly more than this car. I'm confident that Ford will eventually do the right thing for a lifelong Ford loyalist. Even one with a big yap like me...

Talked to the wife over dinner tonight about this issue with the mft. If they don't fix it for you and everyone else I'm going with the Acadia. Corey, you should pass these comments up if you haven't already done so. People aren't happy and the issues have gotten main stream press notice. I'd hate to be on the mft design team.

Well I have to agree, I already ordered MY2012 Explorer (mind you after my 2011 order was cancelled after waiting a month), but I'm not sure about taking delivery at this point.

I'm going to test drive the Acadia this week as well, and I think my final decision will be the same. If Ford can't get it right and go good on it, we are probably going to purchase the Acadia.

We need more communication from Ford, a promise, that these problems will be dealt with for current owners, and we need information on what problems are resolved for MY2012's.

My intent is to publicly detail the entire process I'm going through. I am purposely not sending any more private messages to customer service. I think this warrants full public knowledge of what you could be in for with this vehicle.

I am not shy and I will tell anyone within reach of the web that they should avoid it like the plague.

Every day that I have to stew over this is another day that I will surely thwart sales. I sold my Ford stock awhile back, in anticipation of a big downturn because of customer satisfaction and what I've been going through. This new Explorer is absolute crap. They clearly rushed it to marked without full testing and they are now paying the price. Or, rather... WE'RE paying the price.

I'm infuriated over this, if that's not sorely obvious.

Overnighting parts sounds kinda cheap now, doesn't it?
How many thousands of these vehicles have been sold? I'm quite sure that for every disatisfied owner the satisfied ones are a hundred fold. I have had a few MFT glitches with the radio playing from my USB when I start up and when it was on a Sirius channel on shutdown. This has happened 5 times in 3 1/2 months but given the problems some have had, I don't think it is a big deal, Should it happen at all, of course not. I now have to get a front right sensor replaced but, hey, no cars are perfect. With all the electronic wizardry in the vehicle, I would expect a few things to go wrong and that is why I took an extended warranty. I feel for those few that have experienced multiple problems but no one forced anyone to buy this first year redesigned model. Should the testing have been more thorough, obviously. I for one think it is a great vehicle and would do it all over again without hesitation. Hope I still feel that way in 6 months. ;)
That's my 2 cents worth.

even though i have mentioned having minor issue with MFT that i can get around and nothing so major as Loganfilm's, i was just thinking today of this whole MFT issue and thinking...

it doesnt matter if my issue is tiny and can get around it... i nor anyone else should have even one glitch in an automobile and this is not acceptable.

This is not sitting at home and getting another stupid windows error message or blue screen of death. This is sitting in an automobile and using basic functions in an automobile and you should be as flawless as other basic functions like rolling the windows up or down or turning on wiperblades, etc. Makes you wonder on other systems on the car... Just like loganfilms mentioned not being able to turn on the A/C whent he system acts weird... what if the system goes down and the emergency blinkers do not turn on because the units frozen and you're on the side of a road/hwy?!

hopefully it doesnt say Microsoft on the Power steering system or elsewhere.

I really think this has effected Ford's image overnight with the JD Powers ranking. i mean JDPowers is highly respected by consumers and basically overnight Ford went from respected to bottom of the barrel overnight.

I hope they come out with a solution ASAP and satisfy current owners no matter how little the glitch that person has and get the system 100% reliable. I had been thinking my radio not turning on was not a big deal and even humorous and giving Ford a pass on it... but I am not finding it funny at this point because it should be 100%.

Talked to the wife over dinner tonight about this issue with the mft. If they don't fix it for you and everyone else I'm going with the Acadia. Corey, you should pass these comments up if you haven't already done so. People aren't happy and the issues have gotten main stream press notice. I'd hate to be on the mft design team.

For what it's worth, I traded in an Acadia for the 2011 Limited Explorer.

Given the opportunity, I'd undo that deal in a minute...

Well I have to agree, I already ordered MY2012 Explorer (mind you after my 2011 order was cancelled after waiting a month), but I'm not sure about taking delivery at this point.

I'm going to test drive the Acadia this week as well, and I think my final decision will be the same. If Ford can't get it right and go good on it, we are probably going to purchase the Acadia.

We need more communication from Ford, a promise, that these problems will be dealt with for current owners, and we need information on what problems are resolved for MY2012's.

If they fix the MFT issue with a sw update, will that change you opinion?

Because besides the MFT glitch (and the A-pillar noise), I am actually loving everything else about the Explorer... Looks awesome and drives/rides great.

For what it's worth, I traded in an Acadia for the 2011 Limited Explorer.

Given the opportunity, I'd undo that deal in a minute...

Loganfilm:

Used to feel sorry for you but now your just ranting and raving! Five posts in a row! Three within half an hour. I still don't understand why your driving this vehicle and not a loner? I would not pickup my ex from the dealer as you did if they didn't fix everything on ther list. If I offended my apologies in advance.
Just speaking my mind. I've had more than my share of problems too although not to your degree.

FYI. Just looked (ford media site) and Explorer sales fron Jan.till June are over 50,000. Could not find sales figures from start of production. How many people are having severe problems like Loganfilm?

Let's keep this civil people. Just agree to disagree...

even though i have mentioned having minor issue with MFT that i can get around and nothing so major as Loganfilm's, i was just thinking today of this whole MFT issue and thinking...

it doesnt matter if my issue is tiny and can get around it... i nor anyone else should have even one glitch in an automobile and this is not acceptable.

This is not sitting at home and getting another stupid windows error message or blue screen of death. This is sitting in an automobile and using basic functions in an automobile and you should be as flawless as other basic functions like rolling the windows up or down or turning on wiperblades, etc. Makes you wonder on other systems on the car... Just like loganfilms mentioned not being able to turn on the A/C whent he system acts weird... what if the system goes down and the emergency blinkers do not turn on because the units frozen and you're on the side of a road/hwy?!

hopefully it doesnt say Microsoft on the Power steering system or elsewhere.

I really think this has effected Ford's image overnight with the JD Powers ranking. i mean JDPowers is highly respected by consumers and basically overnight Ford went from respected to bottom of the barrel overnight.

I hope they come out with a solution ASAP and satisfy current owners no matter how little the glitch that person has and get the system 100% reliable. I had been thinking my radio not turning on was not a big deal and even humorous and giving Ford a pass on it... but I am not finding it funny at this point because it should be 100%.

I love that you get it. Thank you.

I agree with some of the others, you should leave your Ex at the dealership and drive a loaner free of charge. Put the miles and wear and tear on the loaner instead of your Ex.. wait for it to be ready or go the lemon law route.

I've now had my 2nd glitch with MFT.. was driving it yesterday, had the front window defroster on and went to the store. When I got back in, the defroster was still on the MFT but it was coming out the front and roof vents (rear air). Changing the settings did nothing, I had to shut the climate off and then hit the front window defrost and it followed my directions lol.

Still nothing like Logan is having but these little annoyances need to get fixed. No reason for that to happen.. and that's not caused from a memory card or the reader.

Logan, I have no idea why the tech said it was your card and hub.. I could see if you were just getting nav issues.. but climate issues, voice recognition issues.. that has nothing to do with a hub.. and I'm not an engineer. I'm pretty confident that your new APIM will fix everything major.. hears hoping!!

On a side note and this is no disrespect to you as I want to keep hearing updates.. but the b!tching and complaining over and over does no one any good but annoy people. I get your frustration and anger level and it's rightfully deserved.. but no need to keep ranting over and over.

Also, please take a video as many of us have asked and show us how bad it is performing. I had posted 3 for you, I'm just really interested in seeing how bad it actually is and not from just reading your words.

I can certainly understand why you are so frustrated with it. Yours seems to be the worst of the worst of any MFT system.

You seem to be a heavy navigation user, and one common thread among the really bad ones seems to be the factory navigation system.

I know you shouldn't have to, but have you tried pulling the nav card and seeing if some of your problems go away?

How about your phone? What kind of phone are you hooking up to it? Have you unpaired to see what the impact is? And do you have any other BT devices in the car that may be messing with the system?

Basic troubleshooting that the dealer should have done, but there is something about either the hardware in your vehicle, or something that is interacting with it that is producing results like no one else is seeing.

I can certainly understand why you are so frustrated with it. Yours seems to be the worst of the worst of any MFT system.

You seem to be a heavy navigation user, and one common thread among the really bad ones seems to be the factory navigation system.

I know you shouldn't have to, but have you tried pulling the nav card and seeing if some of your problems go away?

How about your phone? What kind of phone are you hooking up to it? Have you unpaired to see what the impact is? And do you have any other BT devices in the car that may be messing with the system?

Basic troubleshooting that the dealer should have done, but there is something about either the hardware in your vehicle, or something that is interacting with it that is producing results like no one else is seeing.

Those are good suggestions. Give them a try LoganFilm.

Let us know how this all works out.

FWIW, I don't really see this as a MFT/Sync failure so much as a failure of Ford to properly train dealers and their "technicians" on how to properly diagnose and fix the MFT/Sync system. If Loganfilm's dealer knew what they were doing they would have been able to fix it the first time he brought it in. I'm flabbergasted that they didn't replace his APIM (the Sync computer) THE FIRST TIME HE BROUGHT IT IN!

I have no problem with LoganFilm expressing his frustration on this thread. I can only imagine the frustration he is experiencing. Posting here like this has two benefits for him - one he can vent a little frustration and anger, and two, it may impact Ford's handling of this issue to get him some resolution a little quicker.

However, for a little perspective for people that are reading this thread and thinking about buying an Explorer, Loganfilm by far has had the worst experiences with MFT/Sync. BY FAR. Most users seem to have minor glitches, but overall like it. I like my MFT/Sync system personally. Besides, minor glitches are easily fixed in software updates.

If you are thinking of a different car - such as an Acadia - go to the acadia forums - they have some issues as well - can't remember offhand, but they were fairly major issues. Consider that online forums are often where people having issues go to find answers - so it's going to be populated with problems the majority of users may not have.

Throwing in my two cents......I have an early build fully loaded Limited. I have had all of the MFT issues described in this thread (along with the many others found in this forum). While I am still using version 2.4, version 2.8 users still seem to be having the same issues I'm having, so I'm waiting for this 'wonder fix' coming soon. The biggest gripe is that if I have my Ipod plugged in and am using the navigation, the navigation will fail almost 100% of the time (get the SD card fault). VERY ANNOYING.

On top of all this, and off topic but still important, I also have the A-pillar buzz (which I temporarily fixed with foam tape), and the cooling fan squeal/AC issue.

For a $50K vehicle, I'm very disappointed. I'm nearing 8K miles on this thing and need Ford to come up with the MFT fix before I hit my 12K warranty mark. If they don't, I will be one very unhappy customer.

Oh one last thing......the streaky windows. Give me a break!!!!! I can't roll down my windows without getting nasty streaks.....and again, this is after over 7K miles!!!!

Oh one last thing......the streaky windows. Give me a break!!!!! I can't roll down my windows without getting nasty streaks.....and again, this is after over 7K miles!!!!

My understanding is there is some oil on the window dust seal. Try and take a rag with some alcohol (or some mineral spirits if you are careful) and wipe the window dust seal.

I would follow up with a clean section of rag to remove any residual alcohol or mineral spirits to be safe.

Throwing in my two cents......I have an early build fully loaded Limited. I have had all of the MFT issues described in this thread (along with the many others found in this forum). While I am still using version 2.4, version 2.8 users still seem to be having the same issues I'm having, so I'm waiting for this 'wonder fix' coming soon. The biggest gripe is that if I have my Ipod plugged in and am using the navigation, the navigation will fail almost 100% of the time (get the SD card fault). VERY ANNOYING.

On top of all this, and off topic but still important, I also have the A-pillar buzz (which I temporarily fixed with foam tape), and the cooling fan squeal/AC issue.

For a $50K vehicle, I'm very disappointed. I'm nearing 8K miles on this thing and need Ford to come up with the MFT fix before I hit my 12K warranty mark. If they don't, I will be one very unhappy customer.

Have you discussed your issues with your dealer? Have you sent a private message to our local ford customer service representative Cory (FordCustSrvc)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jeffas000073, I can see why you would be frustrated by the issues on your Explorer. As jrmexplorer recommended, I would like to offer my help by escalating your concerns. So I can do this, please send me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name.

Cory

Back