Long pause between songs on the USB drive | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Long pause between songs on the USB drive

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
All,
When I first picked up the car and for a long time after that, the next song on the USB stick would start up immediately after the previous song finished. After awhile, the gap between songs grew to almost 10 seconds! I tried master reset (which worked occasionally to fix this problem), I tried re-indexing (which worked occasionally to fix the problem), and a fuse pull worked almost all the time. Rebecca was not aware of the problem and couldn't reproduce it.

While a fuse pull works, the problem is that it keeps coming back and I'm not a fan of pulling the fuse a lot.

However .... I may have found a solution (it's worked twice now!).

Turn off the car (but not MFT - i.e. don't open the door) and wait for the current song to finish. Open the door (shutting off MFT) about 2-3 seconds into the gap between songs. Next time you get in it should be fixed!

If anyone else has this problem, give it a shot!

-J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Having the same problem but using an iPod nano. Just started yesterday. I'll give your fix a shot and post the results... Thanks.

It worked! The iPod has been working for the past few days without issues. The track to track change gap is normal again.

Thanks and good find!

Glad to here it worked. It must be semi-sporadic, as my track gap is again longer but it didn't work for me this time. I'm going to keep trying though....

Ok, I tried it again last night and got this technique to work. I waited almost 5.5 - 6 seconds then opened the door.

Seems the long gap this time was triggered by moving the car from one parking spot to another. (e.g. start-up, short run-time, stop)

To bump an old thread, I have the same issue, and its driving me absolutely nuts. Albums I put on for long drives are unbearable almost, and it literally takes 6-10 seconds between songs at times.

Today tried the "fix" listed above, even with a brand-new USB 3.0 stick, formatted FAT32, test album in its own folder and updated playlist. Still a solid 3-5 seconds between tracks, even when next track is pressed. I'm losing my mind here, and the dealership said this is normal.

the dealership said this is normal.

Please. My USB songs play perfectly with virtually no time lapse between songs.

Not normal.

Please. My USB songs play perfectly with virtually no time lapse between songs.

Not normal.

Figured as much. Need to get back to my regular service dept. Just sucks that I work rotating 2-2-3 day shifts out of town, so I'm only home 48 hours at a time.

To bump an old thread, I have the same issue, and its driving me absolutely nuts. Albums I put on for long drives are unbearable almost, and it literally takes 6-10 seconds between songs at times.

Today tried the "fix" listed above, even with a brand-new USB 3.0 stick, formatted FAT32, test album in its own folder and updated playlist. Still a solid 3-5 seconds between tracks, even when next track is pressed. I'm losing my mind here, and the dealership said this is normal.

Sounds like you may have an old version of the software?

For me (and most people it seems) the problem was permanently corrected by a My Ford Touch update. Do you have the latest version? If your profile is correct, ( a 2013 Explorer) you should have the update that fixes it..... the problem I was referencing was v. 2.11 (I think) maybe even 2.8 - which was in 2011. MFT is on 3.6.2 now.

At any rate, it would be good to make sure you are on the latest software, and if not, try updating to see if that would fix it.

Go here: https://support.ford.com/tools/account/login and login. You should be able to check your version number and whether there is an update. If you haven't registered before you will have to do that.

Also, to get the website to recognize the version of software you have, you may need to do either a vehicle health report (from your car), or download and use the version checker tool from the above website (directions are on the website).

Ive done a VHR, and according to my current login, I have 4.2.1F, for the MyFord SYNC on the PI/Base model.

Ive done a VHR, and according to my current login, I have 4.2.1F, for the MyFord SYNC on the PI/Base model.

Not sure on the MyFord Sync models. The problem i was experiencing was on the MyFord Touch models, which I believe is different software. You might try contacting Rebecca (FordIVTteam) and seeing if she can help.

Back